Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Attachment Storage

toad270

How does everyone store their attachments mine are just setting in the garage and the wife is never happy with that.

I am considering building a lean-to off the side of my pole barn to store parts machines, attachments or maybe even working machines. As it is now, between 2 Cubs, the Landlord, a motorcycle, rototiller, etc. I have to park the Buick outside if I have a project going on. The Buick has lived most of its life inside, but is is getting just about to the age when the clear coat starts to fail, something I would like to forestall if I can.

I've got the same issue as mine are just sitting in the garage also. I've got the mower deck leaning against the wall to take up less space, blower on the floor, the tiller, plow blade, and sickle are all on some type of dollies so I can move them around with ease. I do check CL for metal heavy duty racks, and then atleast I could stack them on shelves in the off season.

You don't even want to know...seeing it would have you rolling on the ground. My wife is NOT a fan...I keep them all in the basement :o)

I bought one of those "garage in a box" 12ftx20ft from Menards for $200. This is a metal frame cover by heavy vinyl fabric, with a zippered door. Inexpensive and works great. 4 years old now and no problems, though I don't trust the snow load and remove the heavy snowfalls from the roof. It stores 5 tractors, 12 mower decks, 4 showthrowers, revitalizer, sickle mower, moldboard plow, bagger, 2 tillers, 2 spare rearends, 3 hoods, 2 seat pans, and many other parts.

My set-up including lift for removal.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/hilift1.jpg[/img]
Outside storage.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/smallout.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
Outside storage.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/smallout.jpg[/img]

I like that right there! Ideally, I'd love to have racks accessible to a loader with forks, but covered to stay dry. I've been cutting up pallets to make moveable platforms for the heavy attachments like tillers, blowers, etc. My folks are considering an addition like this to their pole barn, but I'm unsure how much space I can borrow :I

I keep mine in that shed you see way off in the background. It keeps the attachment and tractor out of the weather. And, it's distance from my house and the trees keep my yard from looking like the Clampett's moved to town.

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
You don't even want to know...seeing it would have you rolling on the ground. My wife is NOT a fan...I keep them all in the basement :o)
Actually, Josh has a great set up. He's got his attachments lined up along one wall. There's some black leather couches along another wall (at least I think I remember them being leather, but was more focused on the attachments). So, you can sit comfortably and just gaze at his extensive and very impressive collection of rare attachments. Heck, he's even nice enough to bring you a cold beer while you sit and ogle his treasure trove. It's kind of like being at a movie theater . . . ony the seats are more comfortable, the refreshments are better, and the show is much more entertaining.

quote:
Originally posted by huffy
quote:
Actually, Josh has a great set up. He's got his attachments lined up along one wall. There's some black leather couches along another wall (at least I think I remember them being leather, but was more focused on the attachments). So, you can sit comfortably and just gaze at his extensive and very impressive collection of rare attachments. Heck, he's even nice enough to bring you a cold beer while you sit and ogle his treasure trove. It's kind of like being at a movie theater . . . ony the seats are more comfortable, the refreshments are better, and the show is much more entertaining.
What kind words 4i What I need to do is cut ou the slider, and install a small overhead door so I can get the laoders in there too :drl

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by huffy
quote:
What kind words 4i What I need to do is cut ou the slider, and install a small overhead door so I can get the laoders in there too :drl
the missus might take notice of an overhead,,,I would go with double glass french doors :O:O:D:D:D

I've got a shed much like Chris'. My Tow-Bee trailer resides next to it. I left my sweeper outside behind the shed along with my dump cart. Kinda like the Clampett'ssm00sm00 One tractor always resides in my attached garage. If I'm working on my Landlord, the Serf gets moved out to the shed. I try to keep the attachments against the walls of the shed so I don't have to move much to get them out. I have my 575 WB STILL strewn across my basement floor.

I was thinking of some kind lift and hang on the wall. Does anyone know what the heaviest normal attachments weighs? Using connecting pin holes and cables.

Try the Simple Tractors tab above, go to Do it Yourself and check out Dollies, toolbox etc. and see what Brian Brinklow did so he could move and store items even with his back and neck problems which incapacitated him.

Hey Tim, That 575 must be about done? I overhauled the engine on mine and am done with it for now. Looking forward to seeing yours when complete, my farmer paint job really doesn't do the machine justice at all. Steve