Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic adjustment specs/advice needed

GLPointon

I need Hydraulic help...I just got my Kwik-way Loader working, but if I "dead-head" a cylinder the pressure spikes over 4000psi or even kills the engine. Its like the fluid isnt bypassing when the cylinder reaches the end of its travel??? I think I need to set/check/adjust the bypass/releif setting on the 2 handle valve body...any thoughts?? Are there any adjustment proceedures out there? Thanks for any specs or advice sm01

That's how I painted part of Simpleton7016's house, split the seal in the pump twice. Amazing how far that oil goes under high pressure.:D You might need two return hoses to the reservoir. Right now oil in one circuit has nowhere to go. The port is commonly called power beyond or aux port and it needs to be vented.

Bob/Guys, this has a belt driven pump running off the AC410's mower mule drive. I ran all new hoses from the tank to the pump, pump to the valve body and a larger 1/2 hose from valve body back to the tank thru a hydraulic filter with a 10 psi bypass. So I think the problem would have to be in the valve assy...? it has a "bypass" or "relief spring" under a cap near the pressure inlet line but I dont know the proccedure to set/adjust or troubleshoot it... Thanks Bob, I too had a mis-hap & I will fill you all in on my high pressure disaster after I get this resolved. :OXX(ngr2 Below is a link to the project if interested/need more info Thanks... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120977
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
That's how I painted part of Simpleton7016's house, split the seal in the pump twice. Amazing how far that oil goes under high pressure.:D You might need two return hoses to the reservoir. Right now oil in one circuit has nowhere to go. The port is commonly called power beyond or aux port and it needs to be vented.