Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sell B10 for parts - help with prices?

country

I have a classified add for a B10, deck, extra engine, tire chains, and blade. The engine in it doesn't run, and I can't verify the extra does run good although the PO stated it did. The spindles on the deck seem to all be frozen up. My asking price is likely to high, so I'm considering parting it out. My question is what kind of prices are the main parts typicall sold/bought for? If anyone can help by replying or sending me a PM of what they sold/bought parts for I would appreciate it. Update: I've had some response, but not much. Haven't seen anything on the major parts yet like the rearend, BGB, steering, sheet metal, etc. Hopefully someone can help. Kinda of getting concerned I may have trouble selling this for parts too.

Check my latest sales on e bay "vfarata1554" ( my ebay sellers name). Some of the completed sales prices and some that did not sell that came off the large frame Sim & A/C large frame garden tractors . 10 HP engines running cond,( no carb or St gen )$90 to $100.Chains good cond $35. Restored 42 inch mower deck with good spindles $125. Deck with frozen arbors $20. I have sold good deck shells for $20 and have paid $275 for a new shell. I have 2 of these deck shells going for scrap shortly. Carb in good condition $50 to $90. Starter generator in good condition $60 $70.

If you Bone it out send me a PM. I have a B12 project coming up soon and will need some sheet metal & hard parts sm01

I'm suprised, this has been read 198 times and only one person has bought or sold B10 parts? Didn't think it would be difficult to get fair asking prices for the major parts like BGB, rearend, sheetmetal, engines, etc. Can't figure out what to do.

I sell a LOT of parts, but rarely sell the major stuff or the sheet metal. Generally no one needs those parts till something breaks, so I pretty much take what I can get for them. I sell a complete bgb for $75 Running engines 100 to 150 I've sold complete rears with wheels on them for 50 just to get them gone. hoods 20 to 40, don't think I've ever sold a fender pan. And that is all to "walk in" customers, not shipped. A lot will depend on how much work you want to do to ship it, and if you can find a customer that needs it. In comparison, I just sold an empty BGB case last week for $50. The guy said the cheapest new one he could find online was over 400 so I guess I gave it away... I still have 4 or 5 on the shelf that haven't sold yet. I guess what I'm trying to say is, regardless of replacement cost, or how many you have on hand, its not worth anything if nobody wants it. I've seen several other sites and sellers who ask 50 percent of new cost for something you can still get, and for something NLA, 75 to 100 percent of the last available price, or much higher if its rare. With that reasoning, I should be able to get $200 plus for an empty BGB case, or $400 for a good complete one. Anyone you know willing to pay those prices?? $end them my way. :D:D:D

Search the ebay completed listing link for Allis and Simplicity. That will be a good reference. Link is below. http://www.ebay.com/csc/Yard-Garden-Outdoor-Living-/159912/i.html?_nkw=simplicity&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

As others have said, the transmissions are not hot sellers. The main thing that really ever goes wrong with them is the axle tube cracking or sticking shift forks. Shipping on a transmission usually cost more than buying a parts machine. I have bought several rolling chasis in the last few years for $40 or less, and thats in the St.Louis market, the same one you're trying to sell in. Get your good engine running and that will help you sell it. "Supposed to run" equals not running or broken to most people. I've had some of those with window blockssm00. These parts likely won't sell unless you package them with something else more desirable: Lift arm and rockshaft Frame Battery/fuel tank support Bundling can work out to both you and the buyers advantage. Then you don't have to do as much dissassembly.