Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Johnny Bucket and Other Pics

Steve72

Been awhile since I posted so I thought I'd catch up. Finished restoring the cultivator I picked up from Larry (AC-B1Novice)and ready for Lyndsey's B10. Hard to see in the shot as the background is too busy--but it's there. Also got Maynards JB from Ford (thanks Ford!) and just in time to move some gravel and dirt around the deck project. Worked great once I got Larry's stinger on the back. Picked up a wheelbarrel load with no problems. Other shots are just excuses to use the HB.
Before

After

Any reason to run her will work--even to haul around fence posts!

Lyndz helping with the goat fence

Awesome work and photos! Really nice tractors and attachments! Beautiful grounds and property!

That cultivator came out great! And the JB sure looks like it did a good job on the gravel. By the way, did you ever get the adjustment rod for the moldboard plow fixed?

Cultivator looks show room fresh! JB are really handy-have used my SSB (SmilinSam bucket) a lot to save lower back wear & tear.

Thanks guys! So many cool and inspiring projects on this site and not enough time to build them all--and still make a living anyway! Chris--yes got the plow working well. I made a new, beefier rod and it held up under Lyndsey's brutal plowing machine. Now--we will see if my homemade cultivator seen in the last shot will also! Hope so as Iv'e got a JB to paint yellow!

Very nice Steve...I love the Johnny Bucket, That is a blast to use I'm sure (good seat time) and a BIG work saver. Everything looks great!

By the way GL I read the post on your thrust bearings under the spindle and want to add that also. The new tri-ribs I put on made an unbelievable diff in steering too---I'll bet at least as much as the bearings so together probably real nice.

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Ok Steve, how bout more pics and info on the red one running in the background??
I noticed that too ;) great pics steve dOd

Ahh..my other great love---a rare 1911 Reeves 2HP hit and miss engine. I restored this a couple of years ago and then fashioned the 2 gal White Mountain ice cream maker last year to give it something to do. I love listening to it run--like an old grandfather clock to my ears!

quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
By the way GL I read the post on your thrust bearings under the spindle and want to add that also. The new tri-ribs I put on made an unbelievable diff in steering too---I'll bet at least as much as the bearings so together probably real nice.
Steve...you're going to love that combo. I was shocked at the difference :)

Very Nice!! Hope my Fairbanks Morse 1 1/2 horse looks near that good when I get it done. Hopefully I can get that and a Briggs model A running for the September show.

I love those old engines and all the belt driven attachments are very cool. washing machines, grain mills, pumps...even ICE CREAM CHURNS?....Ben & Jerry will be very upset.;)
quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
I restored this a couple of years ago and then fashioned the 2 gal White Mountain ice cream maker last year to give it something to do.
[img]/club2/attach/Steve72/IMG_0442.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Steve72/Reeves 007.jpg[/img]

Steve: You've done some nice work on a lot of things, but that engine and ice cream maker is far and away my favorite piece of your work. Very, very nice. I'll bet your daughter's kids really love Grandpa's ice cream maker, too.

Thanks Huff---Yep--grandpa is pretty popular at Lyndsey's 4th of July bash with this rig--even tho Molly looks unsure!! Dan--the wheels on the Reeves cart are actually off a 1913 1-1/2 HP FBM!! I had a couple of those as a kid---are you a member of SmokeStack? Also--what show are you refering to? You sure this won't hurt me grandpa?

Why is it leaking?

No, I'm not a member of SmokeStack. The show I refer to is the only show I go to every year. Western New York Gas And Steam associations Annual show. http://www.alexandersteamshow.com/ Better known as the Alexander Steam Show My BIL has had hit and miss and throttle governed for years. I always wanted one, thought they were cool but would not spend the money. The one I have now was given to me by a friend. I gotta find a gas tank, points, and mag cover to make it complete. I'll likely only ever use it as a demonstration at the show. Haven't quite figured out how to shoehorn it into a B10 yet :I:I I also have a Briggs, model A, crank start for a demonstration also. I think all it needs is to be cleaned up. Someday I'd also like to find a maytag twin to play with too :D

• 2 weeks later...
Dsn I only do one show too--our local Yesteryear Machinery club sponsers it. Not into shows that much. My brother hooked up his little Maytag to an ice cream churn also and it does a great job---not a twin tho which would be cooler. Smokstack is a great site to find parts and advice---like this site!! Good luck with your FB's!! Happy 4th everyone!!