Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What am I looking at here?

MysTiK

http://belleville.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-outdoor-lawnmowers-leaf-blowers-allis-chalmers-919-hydro-lawn-tractor-with-snow-blower-W0QQAdIdZ389659864 Comments from trained eyes?

Hey, I saw that listing while snooping around Kijiji. The AC 919, it's a series 2 engine, however no idea why the sheet metal/cowling is all removed, I wouldn't try to run it that way.... looks like frame was hacked out with a cutting torch for the oil filter, I think I saw this for sale without the blower (center pto run) earlier for like 800 or so.. Don't know what the solar panels on the hood are for.... and It has the rear lift for the tiller, which I can't seem to obtain for my machines... Should be the 48" deck, and I also notice I don't see the outlet for the exhaust in the hole in the frame, must have changed the exhaust. I'd be awfully leary of why the sheet metal is removed from the engine, and personally Wouldn't even entertain any price over $500. Also interesting how it has the high brake/clutch pedal seen on the 920 and 7790 diesels, I haven't seen that on any other machine before.

Thanks for the critique. You are obviously way more familiar with these then I am. I didn't realize the eng covers were missing. But I think the exhaust might be there on right front. I also missed the oil filter details. I was seeing really messy pix, heavy rust wheels, something weird with the engine, one side only view, solar panels made no sense, and a snowblower that looks like it has yellow paint on it, and might be from an older model. I also got the "this is a commercial mower" message out of nowhere. Pictures are slightly out of focus, or camera shake maybe. The solar panels (using zoom) seem to be battery chargers(?), except there's wires that look black, and then seem to turn orange on top of the deck. So I started thinking the deck was quick spray bombed on top only, wires and all. At first I thought the solars were somebody's picnic leftovers. I would never run pix like this on an ad. I'd show pix overlooking a valley, with a sunset, nice landscape, and dream on, kids. 8D Well maybe just posed for effect. edit = I thought the rear lift was just a standard rear lift assembly. At first it looked bent; but seemed ok when I zoomed it - a little on the fuzzy side, pixelated on zoom. I thought the wheels looked kinda small, and the rust on the rims does not match anything else - like damp shed syndrome. And then I wondered if the texture of the seat was like mold or something. Overall the paint seems ok. The wheels make no sense. And why wouldn't a guy clean em up for sale - makes no sense either. But people do that a lot. Then I started getting really suspicious and not knowing a lot about these, I flipped it into the forum for comments. I know the orange paint can sometimes look yellow in pix sometimes. But I thought the blower was an older repaint that peeled to show the yellow. I'm not a blower expert; but the blower I have is an older AC yellow blower probably mod-hitched to fit my tractor. Just a confusing ad. And I like your price better. Generally I just don't get a feeling of trust from this. it kinda says, this is not my tractor. Most frustrating is that I like these tractors, and this one makes me feel anger and disgust and insecurity. I go on gut feelings a lot - this is not it. I would tend to expect other hacks elsewhere, for eventual discovery. I see most of these in the 700-1000 bracket. tractor and mower. they seem to sell slowly. This one being a 19hp was attractive. Thanks again.