Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lucky B12 Find.....Updated/Repaired

GLPointon

Driving at work I spotted a yard full of junk, I backed up and saw about 20 tractors. As I approached I saw that all but 2 were Craftsman junkers. The two yellow ones are a rusty old Cub & an Allis Chalmers B12 parked on a pile of dirt. The B12 has Hydro-lift, Hi-Lo Drive, Oem Headlights, Rear Lift & Tiller PTO assy... I made my way past all the junk & dogs to meet the owner.....He said he dragged it up there 5 yrs ago when the tranny locked-up. He also said he will sell it for $150 if I want to take the Snow Plow with it. (a 46" spring trip Plow) I did a burn-out going to the ATM

I'm doing the usual: Clean & flush the fuel tank Clean & Rebuild the carb. New Points, condenser, plug and battery and she should be ready to run...

Then I'm betting that Zippo's bent screwdriver trick will fix the Tranny.... More to come ^

Now that is a steal. I dont think I have come across a better deal than that. Looks like the seat is the worst of it. Congrats on a great find!

Congrats on an awesome find ! I can't even begin to imagine the odds on finding that combination of add ons in one unit !

Amazing find! Very nice...good eye! I'll have to explain this to my wife, so she better understands why my head is on a swivel when I drive }:)

Great find, and enjoy. Looks like you have one of everything included almost. Look forward to your post of it running.

I'm picking up my jaw wondering when I'll ever find a diamond in the rough like that. You lucky dog!

You lucky dog. I'd love to have one like that to restore as a sister to my 2012. Speaking of, didn't you mention before that you're kind of tired after your Quickway loader project and need a break? I could have sworn you said that you didn't really want to tackle another tractor resto right now. I guess I could do you a favor and take that one off your hands to save you the trouble . . . . LOL.

I saw your picture in the post office. I'm hopeing for the same deal someday. Again you done great.

Excellent eyes to find a gem in a bunch of trash. Can't believe it sat for that long before you spotted it. And then the steal too boot! Keep us updated with pics. You know we love pics.

I second the PO wall of shame! I bet the guy only paid $25 for it and was thinking sucker! If only he had had a clue! Nice save!sm06

No doubt this guy thought he "got over" on me. He sold it to me for what he "had in it" were his words. Back then the tranny worked, so he thought I bought a dead horse.XX( BUT, I recognized the sign, the shifter would click into "2nd & rev" but stopped before it got to the top of the shift pattern, just above "N/start".....Just like my 7010 did last year. I was turned on to Zippo's video by Mike (burntime) and it worked great and still working great!8D So...I'm certain I will get the tranny going with a bent screwdriver and gain back the last laugh from the seller :D Reed your right...he didnt have a clue what he had! (all the Craftsman junkers tell me he's not into repairable, just buy another chepo)
quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
I second the PO wall of shame! I bet the guy only paid $25 for it and was thinking sucker! If only he had had a clue! Nice save!sm06

No Sleeve Hitch, just the lift bar and the tiller PTO which is a weird combo...did he use it to till or maybe the lift bar was for a plow/cultivator/harrow? then why the PTO? Oh well...unsolved mystery And Huff...Your right the LAST thing I needed was another project. I'm working the bugs out of the Loader hydraulics still and in the middle of my 7116 resto. But you do it when it needs done!...Like the old farmers said, You gotta make hay while the sun shines Actually I love it...beats boredom
quote:
Originally posted by simple-kid
Do you have the sleeve hitch with it? It has the lift rod for it. Nice find!!dOd

Bad news and Very Good News...

The Bad news is while rebuilding the carb I found the float needle valve was corroded in the hole & broke off when I tried to pry it out (screwdriver pointing to it below)

I happened to have a few parted out carbs to pick a new throttle body from. Below: new needle valve, gasket & set float level

New hoses & a filter to replace the old fuel sediment bowl...ready for gas

The good news: I need to get into this plug to try the bent screwdriver trick to fix the tranny

So I need to remove the Hi-Low to access the plug...

It took about 15 mins.of pushin/pryin/pokin/proddin....then "KLICK"-Success!!! This is the 2nd time thats saved my butt (or transmission) THANKS ZIPPO!!

Headlights worked fine...no repairs needed. The can type muffler is also in solid condition sm01

the hydro-lift worked well after an oil fill, below I see the plow shoes are rubbed off totally

I took her for a test drive around the yard and all seems well. That is a nice smooth engine. My first B&S 12hp, very pleased with it...less vibs than the 10's I've been very lucky with every part of this tractor deal...I think I'll call her Lucky Allis sm01

Whoa, deal of the month(maybe year)! Will be looking for your photo on the Post Office Wall LOL. :O Nice find, enjoy

Nice job! What does the dealership decal on the side say? Just curious, I had a B series snowblower that had a defunct dealer decal from Walkerton, IN on it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Austin
    • Tom45
    • maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts