Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wide Body Cart & Turbo

RayS

Nice deal...I've never seen one of those in action but it looks like a great design, no need for another motor or big PTO drive assy on back. My agri-fab vac was 10 x that :(...Congrats sm01

I can`t believe that the two brackets (ref. no. 44 & 45) are $50.00 each. I had to make a hitch to mount it to the tractor this morning. I wasn`t willing to give up that kind of money for something that cost less than $5.00 in steel. I will post some pictures of my solution later.

Yeah, the ref parts don't look like much. Can't wait to see your repreductions ^

Definitely a steal. You'll love it. Since it's a right discharge, and the schematic shows Conquest, Prestige, it's going on your Prestige which must have a right discharge. Now if you want a project to test your excellent fab skills, convert it to use on both your Prestige and Sovereigns. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
Definitely a steal. You'll love it. Since it's a right discharge, and the schematic shows Conquest, Prestige, it's going on your Prestige which must have a right discharge. Now if you want a project to test your excellent fab skills, convert it to use on both your Prestige and Sovereigns. ;)
Bill, I thought of doing just that. I don`t have a turbo though for my 48" deck but have my eyes open for one when they pop up for sale. The turbos can be had pretty cheap if you have the patience, but the mounting kit is expensive if you don`t get it complete.

Wasn`t much to fabricate. one 13" piece of 2" X 2" X 1/4" angle and two pieces of 1/4" X 2" X 4" long flat strap.

Ray, If you get a turbo, I could send you my Sovereign cart hitch and turbo mount hardware for you to duplicate. The cost would be postage. I know buying piecemeal is expensive. If you think you want to do it now, let me know soon so I would get the pieces back by fall in time for leaves; or it could be a winter project. And your Prestige bracket looks much stronger than the OEM. Great work as usual.

Bill, I may take you up on the offer. I have a dealer that has a old left hand turbo laying out in his parts tractors along with another wide body cart for left hand discharge. The cart is junk and the turbo is seized from sitting outside so long. I am going to see if I can get the turbo cheap since it is seized up. May just be able to replace the bearings in it. Hopefully the mounting kit is laying around somewhere as well.

• 2 weeks later...