Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RayS

12x10.5 Rim Blanks

RayS
At this price and if you have a welder there is no need to take the narrower rims and cut and weld to the 10.5" width. Seen the rims at Miller tire (linked below). Just weld the center where you need it for the correct off set. http://www.millertire.com/products/wheels/lawn-garden/12x10-5-rim/ http://www.millertire.com/products/wheels/lawn-garden/center-disc-5-hole-firs-12-rims/

ZippoVarga
Just a little helpful hint to those contemplating this project. When you go to place the center on the rim, use a stable spacer to set the disc on that is perfectly level to the surface, then set the rim over the disc, also on a level flat surface. Shim the disc to reach the position you want within the rim (off set) and also orient the rim with the valve stem hole where you want it (front or back.) Then you can weld things up with a real good certainty that there will be no wobble. The wheels on my old Landlord were built in this manner and run as true as one can expect with this set up. .020 out on one side and not noticeable to the naked eye. A MUCH easier task to accomplish and you won't have to put tubes in your tires due to possible air gaps from a full circumference welding job. I hope this information is well received and helps someone out. Cheers!!