Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Harley Davidson Simplicity

JDSnyder

Kent, That's pretty much what it looked like. Seat was w/ arm rests like you said. If I can get my hands on a digital camera, I'll try to take a picture. 10-Roger on too nice to work with! Ok - not a Landlord, Thats the trouble w/ no short term memory. Get the spreadsheet w/ formulas? Working on enamel now. Van

Was at the new Toledo dealer (replaced McBride), and they had just opened a crate that they had got in the McBride inventory. It was a '97 H-D Special LandLord. - They announced NOT FOR SALE immediately! What a great looking thing this is! How many were made?

Is this it -- or at least close to it (this was a prototype or something)? If so, these are 75th Anniversary Special Edition Sovereigns. I think a little over 7,000 of them were made.... Over 700 of them were used in a parade in Port Washington that is a Guiness record, I understand. I saw my first one "live" a couple of weeks ago -- definitely too nice to plow snow and slush with....[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/75th_anniversary.htm'][img src='http://www.simpletractors.com/images/gallery_images/jn_75th_anniv_small.jpg'][/a]

That dam_ air filter is a sorry design. I wish Kohler and Simplicity would do something to correct the problem. I'm really disappointed with the amount of crud the air filter and cooling fins of the Kohler OHC sucks in on my 1999 Sovereign. Roy

There are two of those tractors near me. I have an Agco-Allis dealer 10 miles from me and abot two miles on up the road there is a Simplicity dealer. They both have one of these anniversary editions of the Sovereign. Neither one of them are for sale, but they sure do look good. I wouldn't want to get them dirty if I had them. About the only thing I would do with it would be to pull a wagon around the yard with my little girl in it. But that would only be on a nice dry day though....LOL

Recently became a Simplicity owner (and a new member here) by buying one of these "new" off the dealer's floor for a deal. I think he needed the floor space as well as the end of the Sovereign production -- why have a nice sample tractor on the floor if you can't sell any like them. Only thing I had problems with: Had to circumvent the seat cut off (temporarily?) due to a bumpy yard by tying it down with a electricians wire tie- down. A snapped PTO drive(to mower) belt (probably for sitting on the show room for a couple years) - got a new one and fixed in 2 min. - no prob. since. A slow leak that developed in a front tire that I pulled and took to the dealer who fixed it. (for free - exceptional service from what I've read here about fixing a front tire). Only thing I don't like is: The Kohler OHC air filter! Cutting the grass with it (it's almost looks to good for that). But it does get a nice cleaning afterward though. Not looking forward to plowing snow with it, but unlike the HD stuff that I looked at, it's probably more that up to the task. Regards P.S. I understand the reasoning (somewhat) but I think Simplicity made a mistake taking the Sovereign out of production.