Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TractorChic

What size belt?

TractorChic
I know there is someone on here who knows this! Getting ready to attach my mower deck to my B10 and I need a cross drive belt. (I cheated ... looked up what it was called in the manual) :) The part no. is 108099. Anybody know what size belt this is?? Oh, and in other news, maybe Steve72 can fill in the blanks, but you would all be proud of me. I did my first "repair." My tractor was rattling like crazy every time I turned the wheels to the left, so I tracked down the troublesome bolt that had come loose on the drive shaft thingy and tightened it and guess what?! -- No more rattling!! I've come a long way, baby :) Now maybe one day I can learn the proper names of parts I'm fiddling with :) Thanks guys and gals!!

MysTiK
I wouldn't worry about that; it's just another parts manual, part number, part name. whatever - you fix is good. Keep watch on it for a while. There's been a lot of belt war threads lately - did I say that? - I just know some of those peoples know the answer. Or you can just cross ref the 108099 part to another brand, or to an updated (briggs) parts number, at the belt store, if the guy is good. Me, I have a hard time with most of that. Plus, there's a bunch of B10 owners - yours is a '64 isn't it? That might matter. Nice to hear from TC. 8D

huffy
It's 44.1" long; meaning it's 1/10th of an inch longer than 44 inches. It's an HA belt, which means it's 1/2" wide and 5/16" deep. A 44" x 1/2" belt from TSC or an auto parts store will work. Simplicity claims that their belts are specially made "combine" belts (or something like that) to better withstand the forces of the way the belt's twisted so they'll last longer. There's a lot of debate on here about whether the Simplicity belts are actually better. I cannot tell you from personal experience, since I always buy standard Kevlar belts because they're cheaper. I've not had much problem with those, myself, but it may very well be that the Simplicity belts will last longer and are worth the extra $.

rokon2813
Find an auto parts store that sells Gates brand belts. Get a belt number 6844. It will be green, you do not want a standard black belt. That's my suggestion. :D;)