Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Almost done...

JDSnyder

Hey everyone, Well the bevel box for the '64 Landlord just got rebuilt today, looks like it'll work for quite a while longer! I hope to have the tractor fully restored within the next two weeks, all it really needs right now is a good cleaning so that it can be painted. One questions... I bought a set of headlights for it, but they came with broadmoor mounting brackets. Does anybody have a headlight mounting bracket for a Landlord that they want to sell, or can anyone at least e-mail me a couple of good pictures and dimensions of what the bracket looks like so that I can make one? Can't wait for this one to get finished, looks like it'll have hyd. lift, headlights, hub caps, and some neat attachments. Thanks for the help! Mark

I suggest you concentrate on trying to find a headlight mounting bar, since it would be very difficult to duplicate. In addition to the curved ends, it is stamped and "twisted" so that the ends also point slightly down... But, if you have access to the necessary tooling, I also think there would be a limited market to sell more of them.... Be sure to get us some pictures for the gallery -- the 9HP Landlord and Landlord 101s are my personal favorites -- they remind me of 55-57 Chevies for some reason.... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/mower1_ops/figure1_small1.jpg

What are some outstanding difference between the 9hp landlord and the 101. The one I recently found as a 23D briggs and white stripe down the hood with factory hydro lift. Looked at the ones in the gallery and couldn't decide what I looked at in real,can't wait to get it home..thanks..MPH

I'm certainly no authority, having never owned either. But a couple key differences, based on literature: 1) If it's a 23D, it's a 9HP Landlord. The 101's were the first 10HP 243431 -- equivalent to Allis-Chalmers Big Tens. 2) The upper portion of the grille is black on a 9HP, and chrome/silver on the 101. 3) The dash panel/side cowlings on a 9HP are black, and they're white on a 101. http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1964/landlord_pg1_small.jpg

Thanks Kent, won't be able to say for sure till I get her home, Hate to admot to it but I was blinded to details by the hydro lift, couldn't see much else after that, owner said he could read 23D though the gril but I couldn't make it out in the twlite. MPH