Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I went and done it again.

1Litre

I picked up another project. Like I need another. This one I could not pass up. It is the first Simplicity I sold when I became a dealer in `79 . It was two doors down from where I live for most of its years on 1 1/2 acres mowing ,vacuum up leaves and snowblow the long driveway. It cut a few neighbors yards when the son wanted to earn extra cash in his early teens. I replaced the 18 OHV with a 16 after the valve seat was pounding away the base metal. It was traded in on a Soverign about 4 years back. The dealer sold it and it came back blown up with very little oil in the crankcase 2 years later. Customer wanted his money back and on and on the argument went. I spotted it there and inquired. Not long ago the dealer told me to come and get it. So here is the 7018 . What is not bent is rusted .

Thanks for the support! I am goin to need it ! I looked at the front hood ,frame , and front axle tonight. Many worn parts and areas of stressed metal. Fragmenting, rust and wear from lack of lube and maintainance. I have seen it before so on with the work to put it all back in shape. I will have more pictures as I move along. How about some suggested names for this unit . I plan on placing the 18 OHV K361 back in the frame and it will be a goin green upgrade . It will be fueled with E85 , but no hybid compromise of power over efficiency thing. Instead a ground pounding earth rotating torque monster with a larger bore and intake valve, increased compression and cam lift and duration . A new CDI ignition and header for exaust.