Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rich_kildow

7116 no-load RPM and adjustment

rich_kildow
I just got my optical tachometer and measured my 7116 no-load WOT at about 3050. The only reference I can find to WOT in the owners manual is when it lists maximum ground speed at 3600 RPM. Idle is listed at 1200. I have plated with the 2 stops on the throttle rod behind the governor, but I'm out of throttle adjustment range on the control handle. Is that adjustable for additional travel, or am I missing something here to adjust up to 3600?

rokon2813
There is some sort of bracket / clamp near the top of the manifold, that holds your throttle cable in place. You can slide the cable in the clamp to get more rpm. Usually it is just a metal "band" around the cable with 1 screw thru it. You will likely have to take the screw out and spread the "band" to get the cable to slide up a bit. It shouldn't take a lot, and if yo go to far, you may not be able to get back down to idle speed. Just play with it ;)

rich_kildow
Thanks, I didn't see that before. There is a lot of travel left in the throttle handle on the idle end...when you push it past where the small nuts on the rod stop it, there is quite a bit where it just moves the cable.