Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016 transmission future problem ??

7016simplicity

7016simplicity
Hi , my 1st post here a while back was in regards to the 2 valves on the top of my transmission that were frozen in, so I could not drive the tractor...I replaced the 2 valves, and the tractor has been running fine...the other day, I noticed I could move the tractor without pushing down the latch to hold the 2 valves in.. The tractor does still run and drive around fine now, but whenever I park it I can still move the tractor without pushing down the valves... Is this a sign of a problem to come??

Nope. No Problems. After they sit not running, they lose pressure and can be moved or will roll on a hill (something to keep in mind). All of 'em do it. Sleep tight tonight, the Sundstrand Hydro's are pretty darned bullet proof, and if it was working fine you will likley not have issues. I don't remember your first post, but a fluid change and a new filter will help insure long term reliability. Note: read post about "Towing". Very important. P.S. Welcome to the Nuthatch!8D