Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snagged another 16 Briggs plus 718 tractor

BLT

Bought a 3415 a couple weeks ago and salvaged out a good 16 HP CI Briggs engine and complete 36" snowblower. My penchent for 16 HP spare engines has grown to four. At one time I just wished for one, now I have four runners and four spares.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnMBerst
Heard he hides tires in creeks.....
I tried, but they kept on popping up!:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
You know Bob. All go and no Show. :o)
I go by volume, one snowblower takes up about as much space as four engines.;)

OK here. The 16 top right got here fall of 2009, the gold color power unit got here fall of 2010. The short block below 8HP was actually a somewhat complete engine shortblocked with a 16 HP for a 3012. The tractor was later scrapped and the owner kept on tripping over the engine and dropped it off to me in spring 2011.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Three16s.jpg[/img]
Two weeks ago someone stopped and asked if I was interested in a large Simplicity. Sight unseen I said $50 tops and 20 minutes later drops of 3415. Out of it I salvaged engine and snow blower shown B-4.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/latest16.jpg[/img]
Then same guy comes back and say how much for 6216, same answer, $50. Twenty minutes later I am proud owner of that. That only produced engine, hood and seat pan. Engine runs fairly decent but needs some cleaning.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Twin16.jpg[/img]
Next will be my 718. Stay tuned.

My 718 was purchased from my cousin four weeks ago south of Chicago. My son took his pick up and our trailer to pick it up. After we loaded it up my son said, "You know it's been a while since we shot up thru the Loop, you game?" He driving what can I say. I must admit it was a different two hours.:D:D Anyway here is tractor. It reasonably complete, has electric and has a few wiring issues I can handle and missing the rear lift. Doesn't run too bad either.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/718a.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/BLT/718b.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/BLT/718c.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/BLT/718d.jpg[/img]

That's for sharing pics of your "new" finds. And I hear creeks can store Brigg's, no problem with "popping up" and no one would ever look for them there. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
My 718 was purchased from my cousin four weeks ago south of Chicago. My son took his pick up and our trailer to pick it up. After we loaded it up my son said, "You know it's been a while since we shot up thru the Loop, you game?" He driving what can I say. I must admit it was a different two hours.:D:D
Nice tractor,Bob. Now, what's wrong with driving through the Chicago Loop? I'd say try it with a 53' trailer behind you, but the traffic is usually crawling, unless you go thru at midnite!

I have often wondered just how much a cast iron 16 h.p. weighs either with or without the starter generator. Anybody know the answer to that question? Just curious.

quote:
Originally posted by simplewrench
I have often wondered just how much a cast iron 16 h.p. weighs either with or without the starter generator. Anybody know the answer to that question? Just curious.
Roughly 100 lbs for bare engine from factory, plus 25-30 lbs with SG and another 10 lbs for muffler.