Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Father on the Sunstar

1Litre

He looks forward to this but he has a bad bad back . I have to limit the time on the tractor to avoid a trip to the hospital . At 90 there is less and less you can do so it is a compromise we worked out.

The only grass growing is under the trees . Have not cut the whole place for three weeks. The Corn fields are looking bad around here. 84 deg at the time and he has a heavy flannel shirt and lined pants on. I am in shorts and sandles watering plants .

Great job to help keep him looking forward in life. Think those who stop are not with us long. My dad at 87 is out and about every day, has a routine and drives yet. Think if he stopped and stayed home, not good things. Great you can still share and enjoy each other. Great photo!

Very cool! Great that you guys are still making memories. I bet that 'ol fella has some great stories ;)

I envy your time with your Dad....enjoy it (Mine taught me to drive his landlord when I was 8 and was helping me with mine 40 yrs later just before he passed)

Thanks guy's . It is a difficult thing old age. Losing the ability to do things just as you wish. The body starts limiting the things you once did and it frustrates my father as I am sure you all have experienced with you own parents. I struggle with those reactions and behaviors that result from that and it strains my relationship with him at times. Thanks for reminding me to keep things in the proper perspective. P.S. He mowed a rocky landscaped area and trapped a good size rock under the deck that carved grooves all the front lawn. Seeded it all up and hope I can keep it watered . How it missed the fresh sharpened blades I do not know.