Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rarest FDT

SimplicitySwede

What would you say is the rarest FDTs not counting squires. Just Simplicity and ACs wise. I was thinking you don't see many 2012s but what do you think?

I was at an old simplicity dealer yesterday and the service lady was telling me about their warehouse. It is full of NOS 60's simplicity's and attachments. They are all sealed up and crated up. I then proceeded to tell her about my loader I picked up and she just shook her head in disbelief:D

bowhunter, i dont know if you are being serious or not. back in the day...i had a '35 harley VL. there were rumors of a warehouse with bikes made for the Army during WWII but never used. we all dreamed of getting our hands on those mythical bikes does this warehouse of FDTs fit into the same category? ie: file under myths, fantasys, and urban legends.

quote:
Originally posted by bowhunt4life
I was at an old simplicity dealer yesterday and the service lady was telling me about their warehouse. It is full of NOS 60's simplicity's and attachments. They are all sealed up and crated up.
You should let us in on you little "Private Hunting Grounds" Chris..:D:D There will come a time when the owners will want to part with their stash.

I didn't intend to hijack this thread. The lady is the daughter of the original owner and they have been a simplicity dealer in her words "forever". She told me Simplicity tried to buy some of their "stash" and they refused. It is real and not a "urban legend". I asked her what she was going to do with it all and she said "keep it crated up". -Chris

I think the Allis B206 is pretty hard to find too. As luck would have it I found one and have it. It is the first one I have seen around here, not sure about in other areas. Steve

Oops, thought I saw rbt, not fdt, sorry!

I consider that a FDT since it's a B series lol. I only have saw a yellow one not an orange and white one

This one is rare, and has the hard to find dash light.sm00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/simplicity-Allis-Chalmers-Dash-Light-removed-from-a-Big-Ten-/310410254921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4845e49a49

I just found a B12 with Hi-Lo Drive, Hydraulic Lift & wide front tires...came with the OEM Headlights too. Is this Rare ?

Somewhere here lurks photos of the infamous "B-7", an early small frame round hood A/C branded Broadmoor. And I think it would be neeto to take a tour of the stash Chris mentions.dOddOd

Rarity of AC vs Simplicity equivalents is largely regional, the more rural areas with AC ag dealers tended to have more of the AC's, the Suburban areas tend to have more Simplcity tractors. I agree that the HB-112 is probably the rarest yellow one. The HB-212s are also fairly hard to find. Yes the Wonderboy 700 is rare too. I would say the B-12's are pretty common.

Here is an HB-112 I picked up this last week off of Clist. [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/split51/553a1ead.jpg[/IMG]

quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis
[img]/club2/attach/D10-Allis/ollie.jpg[/img]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/simplicity-Allis-Chalmers-Dash-Light-removed-from-a-Big-Ten-/310410254921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4845e49a49
I wonder whats up with that Oliver decal on it.

The Simplicity 700 is produced from 1959 1961 with a low production and could be the rarest garden tractor. Or the 725 that was in production form 1962 to 1963 but had a better production run. These older model some have nicknamed the "cyclops", It only had one single light mounted in the center of the hood. The oldest/lowest serial # model was found here in Elkhart IL some 10 years ago. The Simplicity rep bought it to restored and I was told it to be on display in the home office.

Only one I've ever seen.
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/SimpleTom/b7b.jpg[/img]
http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=108688

quote:
Originally posted by D10-Allis
[img]/club2/attach/D10-Allis/ollie.jpg[/img]
The dash light is off of an Oliver. My 70, 77, Super 77, and 88 all have them. Was this a joint build with Oliver / AC?

quote:
Originally posted by ac712 The dash light is off of an Oliver. My 70, 77, Super 77, and 88 all have them. Was this a joint build with Oliver / AC?
Oliver, Moline and Ford GT's were built by Jacobsen.