Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bnolte

The Ultimate Mower (youtube)

ReedS
Awesome! Wishing we had stuff like that where I work! The only problem is that it would just get abused! Gotta hand it to the Germans for producing fine machinery! Oh and I'll take a Unimog too!

bnolte
Maryland has a mix of boom and belly mowers, supplemented with guys paying their debt to society sporting weed whackers, courtesy the MD Department of Corrections. An advance over the reapers and scythes of old I guess.

Allisgrandson
I love the way the dual boom mower had an automatic sensor to mow around the guard rail post. The one that rotated was ok, but it didn't look as if it got all of the grass when it rotated back around.

RickS
But doesn't the cool factor come into play. I want a Unimog. They are just cool. Does the rule about one tractor for each implement hold true for the Unimog as well? Rick..........

timflury
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/unimog/ There's a forum dedicated to these awesome vehicles. Rick, I wonder how big the building would have to be to hold all that equipment???sm00sm00

BLT
We had a "Mog" in for warranty on the engine (Mercedes Diesel) years ago. All I can tell you that it is an ultra sophisticated electronic mule. Other then checking the oil, water and fuel, working on them is a nightmare. That is why you don't see many here. Even the 'Nazis' wanted to chinse on our labor bill. Their are good in Germany where you drive them for four hours, polish them for four hours and then forget the rest of the day in the beer garden.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• John Dyer
    • Todd 717
    • malsup
  • Today's Birthdays

1. cojo92
      cojo92
      (29 years old)
    2. Rebel_Ron
      Rebel_Ron
      (36 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts