Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The Ultimate Mower (youtube)

bnolte

This is a mower designed for efficient roadside maintenance. [url][/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3j6HaAieEU&feature=email I want one!!

Awesome! Wishing we had stuff like that where I work! The only problem is that it would just get abused! Gotta hand it to the Germans for producing fine machinery! Oh and I'll take a Unimog too!

Maryland has a mix of boom and belly mowers, supplemented with guys paying their debt to society sporting weed whackers, courtesy the MD Department of Corrections. An advance over the reapers and scythes of old I guess.

• 1 month later...
I love the way the dual boom mower had an automatic sensor to mow around the guard rail post. The one that rotated was ok, but it didn't look as if it got all of the grass when it rotated back around.

Those attachments look like they're mounted to a Unimog. I wonder which has more attachments, a skid loader, or the Unimog.

But doesn't the cool factor come into play. I want a Unimog. They are just cool. Does the rule about one tractor for each implement hold true for the Unimog as well? Rick..........

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/unimog/ There's a forum dedicated to these awesome vehicles. Rick, I wonder how big the building would have to be to hold all that equipment???sm00sm00

Tim, I have a 24 by 36 foot building, but I don't think that would even scratch the surface of the number of attachments a Unimog has. Rick........

We had a "Mog" in for warranty on the engine (Mercedes Diesel) years ago. All I can tell you that it is an ultra sophisticated electronic mule. Other then checking the oil, water and fuel, working on them is a nightmare. That is why you don't see many here. Even the 'Nazis' wanted to chinse on our labor bill. Their are good in Germany where you drive them for four hours, polish them for four hours and then forget the rest of the day in the beer garden.