Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

landlord with hydro lift

rm

great day today. just bought a parts machine for $100 bucks. came with hydro lift, 42 in deck frozen ctr arbor., frozen bgb havent looked in to it yet. going to try some mystery oil. missing motor. but it has all sheet metal. heres the question, its missing the motor so the hydro lift pulley isnt there. how do i check to see if the hydro works. any leads as to where i could get the hydro pulley.

is this the hydro pulley on the motor for the hydro lift ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160813936519#ht_790wt_1270

The individual pulley is hard to come by. I would post an ad in the classifieds and watch ebay. Just thinking out loud but maybe you could rig something up with a cordless drill and spin the hydro pulley, make sure it has fluid, and see if the rear lift goes up and down with the pulley spinning and you move the lever. Good buy for $100 and how about some pictures.

quote:
Originally posted by rm
is this the hydro pulley on the motor for the hydro lift ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160813936519#ht_790wt_1270
I "think" that's not what you're looking for.

Email me And to test pump remove pulley off pump and key . Put in drill run drill in rev. And run drill pull lever and then you know if pump is ok or dead. Let us know if ya got you a good one

quote:
Originally posted by rm
thanks guys ill check tomorrow morning what type of fluid should i use? to test it
10W will work.

wow!!! i put a post out for the hydro pulley got some great responses a guy sent me a email from. Liverpool United Kingdom. sent him a response to get more info from him. reeds has the pulley were going to figure things out:) thank you for your help. happy fourth of july. be safe. thank a vet

hydro lift works.^ OSENGA had a great idea with the drill, to test the pump. :D mailed funds to REEDS for the pulley. sm01 now time to get new hyd hoses, got a local supplier. now time to figure out what tractor to put the hydro in to. thanks for all the help. also paid my dues lol