Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mbinwi

Gremlins defeated, for now!

mbinwi
700 is back to running better than ever, thanks to Dan from Watertown, with diagnostic/trouble shooting tips, and an article I found in here from Ken Williams, on the 12v coil conversion. My problems turned out to be a weak and erratic spark. The "external" coil conversion did the trick. I was able to make a nice little mounting bracket that fits in front of the motor, and just under the voltage regulator. The block across the street from us has an alley through it, and the local residents have a 4th of July "Alley Party", featuring an event called "VOPED" (Vintage Outdoor Power Equipment Display), so our little 700 made it's first unofficial show. On Sunday, my son drove it through the crowd of people that gathered along the streets, to watch East Troy's 4th of July Parade, on his way to a family gathering, and received many rave reviews from onlooker's along the way. That's the grandson sitting on the tractor at the alley party, and the wifey sitting on it in the other alley party pic. I still have some carb re-adjusting to do, now with the new powerful spark. Thanks to all! Mike.

mbinwi
I forgot to mention one more thing in the post above: I'm still looking for any info on the metal tag that is under the hood, that I talked about in a previous post. Any ideas as to what it means? and do all tractors from this series have them?