Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"New" Weedcutter setup

larry8200

Had this on my LL 2110 last year, and though it was great, I thought a tractor with hydrostatic drive would be the even better. YOW. Perfect match. Being able to creep up to, and then back off in an instant, and being able to go in and out along the edges of the fields without shifting, awesome. And I do not know anyone who has, or ever had problems myself with cut off saplings puncturing tires. I think the designers had "Hydromania". I do. :D:D:D

SWEEEEET!!! I had 2 of those weedcutters several years ago but decided to sell them both because I thought I would never have a use for itB):(!:( Dan

Sweet set up, that front mower is why I got the Gravely with a bush hog. You can get in low and back out in a hurry. jh

That's cool!!! That eats up brush great!!!:pdOddOddOd Do you make any money with it?

That's a clean looking cutter. If it ever cools down so I can get some work done on the Landlords, I DO HAVE to pay attention to my weed cutter, the under brush is out of control, and the new flail blades from DR Power are not hardy of any use. Broke 2 of the first 3. They do not hold up to any dried branches over 3/8". Got to tell Mother Nature to only knock down thin ones.:I I never did see a belt and pulley guard on a cutter, or on a blower. IT looks good, and from experience should help to keep the cuttings out of the moving parts. Got to make me a couple, when the other projects are done.Don't want to mess up the new hitch drive parts I got fom Dan (ROKON2813)!:o) Wayne

I've always thought those were the most Midevil looking cutting machines....now I'm sure of it ;) But I love the way that works. It even chops small trees? Thanks for the action pics, I had never seen one in action, seems to really "tear it up" out there. dOd (I want one!!!)

Yes, I chop trees to 1.5", some claim 3" but I dunno. Creeping with the hydro and nice sharb blades, maybe. I treat mine to nice for that, they are not getting any easier to find. And most of its parts are NLA. But to have it and not use it goes against my philosophy. "Midevil"?? Me Devil? Medievel? Yeh that fits. Most think my single stage snowblowers are a terrorist device... It ia a mean machine. :) Should show it to Stephen King and see what he could do with it!!

when ever i get around to fixing the spindle in my weed cutter, think ill mount it on my hydro tractor. I have a 16hp 3212H with hydro lift i have never used. only drove it around once or twice after replaceing the trans last year. all parts but belts and bearinngs are NLA for the weedcutter. i realy need to get mine going. last week i ran a 1/2 gallon of mix and countless feet of line thru the line trimmer/weed wacker. man that was ALOT of weed wacking for this ol,boy in one day sm00.

Yes, good thing you have the belt cover on. You would not want to get your finger stuck in one of the pulleys... as your ankles are being chopped off. lol :D Nice setup

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Yes, good thing you have the belt cover on. You would not want to get your finger stuck in one of the pulleys... as your ankles are being chopped off. lol :D Nice setup
The cover helps keeps crap out of the pulleys. But I like the way it looks without it. Since the blades are angled and they overlap to chop up brush better, I think it would make "Mincemeat out of that mouse" and your foot/feet too. And since these front PTO attachments dont always come to a quick or complete stop, I dont get out of the seat with the engine running. And I'm not squeamish Actually I think all these tractors say right on them not to leave the operators seat before everything has stopped completely

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts