Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Two footdraggers earning their keep

MDB

Week had a severe storm last Friday that did major damage in the area. Lots on trees and powerlines down and other damage. Here are our two generator tractors.

B-112 with 5500 watt Pincor that BTW bit the dust tonight,(the pincor not the B-112....)

Early B-10 with 5000 watt Allis Chalmers generator hang in there pretty good.

Pic of both.

They typically don't get used much, but awful nice to have on hand! What kind of load did you have applied to each? Sorry to hear of the poor luck on weather...

Nice shot of them earning their keep. What happened to the Pincor? Loose a bearing or worse?

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Nice shot of them earning their keep. What happened to the Pincor? Loose a bearing or worse?
Not sure but there was a spark show and the magic smoke came out......B)XX(

quote:
Originally posted by RickS
What is the Pincor, never heard of that before?
Pincor was a major player in small generators at one time. Then everbody got into the act. Don't know if they are in business anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
quote:
Originally posted by RickS
What is the Pincor, never heard of that before?
Pincor was a major player in small generators at one time. Then everbody got into the act. Don't know if they are in business anymore.
Pincor is no longer in business and almost no parts are available. The last time that I had trouble with it the repair shop used parts from a parts generator. Not going to fix it this time.....

Sparks and smoke are a definate negative. Sounds like the rotor or field coil shorted. At only 5k it really ain't worth keeping to show what it "was"... Too bad, good attachments are hard to find.

I remember years ago when Sears was selling a generator (front mounted (size?), my memory is not that good. We were among the lucky ones, this time around! I got to get back to hooking up the 5KW (wheeled) generator to my power panel. This is the one with 240VAC. My 4KW only has 120VAC, and I use it with my 14" electric chainsaw to clear up downed branches and small trees. Need the 5K to provide power to my well pump, which is the only 240VAC application other than the stove, and ovens. Both generators are powered with Predator 7HP OHV engines. Wayne

Hi Mike, Lots of folks around here still w/o power from that storm last Friday. We were lucky here but houses all around us are w/o power. What is your fuel consumption on one of those?

Well I will have to say that the Allis Chalmer (Generac) generator did an outstanding job for us. We ran it 20 hours a day for 3 day plus a few hours on Friday night., something like 65 hours. And the B-10 and 23D Briggs did well too, used maybe a pint of oil the whole time and this was in mid 90s heat most of the time. And did it all on 1/2 gallon of gas per hour. Most of the time we were running 2 freezers 1 fridge, the well pump some lights and a couple of fans, not a small load.....Very happy:DdOd

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • B10Dave
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts