Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I thought this was interesting

SimplicitySwede

1968 was when flat hoods came out it was 1st for the3012 Sovereign 616 Yeoman and the 515 Serf, but the 717 Broadmoor stayed a round hood. The landlord was redesigned to flat hood called the 2110. I just think it was funny they changed the landlord but kept the Broadmoor the same. It's one of those things i wondered about. I know it don't mean anything just found it odd. Also. All the lts remained 2 speeds I believed. I guess that changed to a 3 speed in 69 with the 727 Broadmoor which was a flat hood. Anyone else ever noticed this?

Much like how Chevy comes out with a new body design one year and designates the left overs as "classics". There were probably a lot of Broadmoor stampings left over, so they assembled them until the parts ran out. Also, the Broadmoor, 707, and 717 used the different frame with the extra jackshaft between the engine and trans. Serf and Yeoman didn't. Simplicity also used the Broadmoor as extra advertising because it was the most popular of the line. I can hear the guy in the dealer showroom.... "There's a new Broadmoor coming in the spring."

Now you say that that's right. The frame was a lot wide on the round hood Broadmoor Also the rear wheels have the hubs with Bolt on wheels like ACs have. newer ones have pins