Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Almost went off the deep end!!

simple-kid

Well I was just out plowing some dirt with my 3112 of 3012, off the edge of our land, for fill, When I had backed up to turn around I went a little to close to the edge and me and the tractor almost went crashing into some brush. So I put the plow down and shut the tractor down so I could stick it into gear to hold it from crashing. Then I walked over to are shelter and got my ATV and pulled the tractor out with the winch on the front.

The green trap is on a 70's MFG boat (Grandpa's). I was surprised to see that the trailer is a snowco or snoco with the original hub caps on it, If I'm not mistaken snowco made the tow bee.

please be careful. something like that could go wrong fast. i did similar when i was plowing snow with the landlord, but i was sitting inside the cab with no way to escape.

quote:
Originally posted by simple-kid
The green trap is on a 70's MFG boat (Grandpa's). I was surprised to see that the trailer is a snowco or snoco with the original hub caps on it, If I'm not mistaken snowco made the tow bee.
I do believe that Snowco made boat trailers. And yes, they also made the Tow-Bee trailers.

That's a close call, this past winter a guy died blowing snow of his drive way by falling off a ledge similar to the one you almost fell over, be careful

Glad to see you were not hurt. Just chalk it up as a reminder that tractoring's dangerous no matter how careful you try to be. In an odd way, a close call's good for us all now and then . . . keeps us on our toes.

Jared, Sorry bud I didn't mean to, it just happened. Huffy, Tim, thanks for the reply.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• airgunner
    • mbsengineer
    • BLT
    • bsadler
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts