Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

When the hunt fails.

larry8200

Thiudgt I has found a tractor I'd been looking for, but it turned out just the hood was from the tractor, and the rest was a 3012V with no variable, missing covers, mismatched rims/tires. no hydrolift or lights, etc. Anyways, I couldn't get excited aout it when I already have a very complete original that was languishing with flat tires and a broken hydrolift belt. I know the lift works good cause I was using it when it broke. Well slimed one tire, replaced another, battery was still up, drained the gas, checked fluids and gave the old gorl a bath. I'd forgotten how complete it is. All there and original except the muffler, seat cover, and hood bolts. And has all the oroiginal goodies, too. It started pouring at the end so couldn't quite finnish. Oh well I see some real potential here!!! :D

Wow she cleaned up real nice Larry!!!:O To bad you didn't find the tractor you were looking for.C

quote:
Originally posted by simple-kid
Wow she cleaned up real nice Larry!!!:O To bad you didn't find the tractor you were looking for.C
Thats just part of the fun. Worked out good actually. :D

Ya no kidding need rain here. Looks good. IMO I wouldn't of slimed the tire I would of tubed it

quote:
Originally posted by SimplicitySwede
Ya no kidding need rain here. Looks good. IMO I wouldn't of slimed the tire I would of tubed it
I'm no fan of slime, but with over twenty tractors and near one hundred tires, half of which could use tubes, well.... If I didn't cheat a lttle now and then some of these tractors would rot into the ground before I could make quality repairs. I have two tractors on blocks that have slow leaks to prevent them from sitting on flats, which will kill old tires faster than anything. Cracks the sidewalls Edit: In my expereince you cant tell if a 40 plus year old tire is any good untill you have some hours on it. I have had nice looking tires that had been setting, were brittle and fell apart in weeks, had tubes blow through the tread like a balloon. And I have had old tires that looked great and actually are. I think tires stored in dark dry places fare the best.

I just know what slime does to a rim and sucks when you have to clean it back out