Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ignition swtch for a Sovereign?

jmhusby

Where is a good place to buy an ignition switch for the Sovereign and is there a part number? Don't have a parts manual for the Sovereign. Thanks much.

A Simplicity dealer should be able to get you a switch for most of the Sovereigns. There are probably 5 or more different switches as they had a variety of engines and electrical systems over the years. In order to get the right switch we will need the model number or mfr# off the tractor frame.

That brings up another point---how many Simplicities do you see with the id tag still on them? I could never understand why they don't put a metal tag on like most other companies use. Thanks on the manual Ray.

I have a metal tag on my 4212LTG, mounted to the side of the frame, next to the running board. Of course all legible information is gone, rubbed off by some POs boot!XX( Wayne

The 169 #'s on the tractor frame are critical with looking up the correct parts such as ignition switches. You certainly don't want to get the wrong switch and burn up your wiring harness.

Hi, When the silver tags with the 169 # are unreadable, use a piece of white paper as a mirror to reflect the light at an angle and look at different angles, often you can read the indents in the tag, Then take a paint pen and write them in a safe place. Al Eden

I have had good luck looking up the part#'s on Jack's SE site. You can look up by year and model without the manufacturer # and then pick the appropriate schematic from the list of parts break outs.