Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tires/Ags/Fluid.........How???

GLPointon

I just got my new front tires (4ply) for the 410 Loader Tractor to replace the old (exploded) tire. And I decided to also buy a pair of 6ply Ags for the rear. I found a good deal after 2 days of searching :J ?My question is do any of you know a good way of putting the fluid in the tires? I thought I'd lay them flat & hang a funnel w/small tube going in the stem with a bit of room for air to escape at the same time...anything better or faster??? Thanks sm01 FYI: Fronts = 16x6.5x8 4ply...2 for $60 w/shipping Rear = 23x8.5x12 6ply Ags...2 for $130 w/shipping if anyone wants the website just ask & I'll post it

NAPA sells an adapter for filling tires. (cleanest) Or lay them flat, and break the bead in one spot and pour it in. (fastest)

WOW! that is a great idea....Did you put them near ea.other or oposite sides? What size hole does the valve stem need to mount in? Thanks, I think I'm gonna do that dOd
quote:
Originally posted by humphrey
I put in a second valve stem and fill through one as the air vents out the other.

I seen one guy use a weed sprayer put the hose over the valve stem(without the valve in it) pumped up sprayer and let it sit a while.Took the hose off and did it again.Looked like it worked great and quite quick.

Another good idea. Have to stop & let out the air between jugs but sounds quicker than gravity with the funnel...Thanks sm01
quote:
Originally posted by ka9bxg
I seen one guy use a weed sprayer put the hose over the valve stem(without the valve in it) pumped up sprayer and let it sit a while.Took the hose off and did it again.Looked like it worked great and quite quick.

OK Greg here is a link to one way to fill 100%, other video will show on the right hand side with similar topics. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTeBbj9nIMU[/url] Have fun (washer fluid on sale at our local WallyWorld) Wayne

Breaking the bead in a small spot and pouring it in is probably the easiest and fastest way. Takes about 15 minutes to do both tires.

Don't know if they have them where you're at, but a lot of times Menards has -20 wwf on sale for $1.09 a gallon. I filled all four tires on my designated snow tractor last fall for less than $20.

quote:
Originally posted by huffy
Breaking the bead in a small spot and pouring it in is probably the easiest and fastest way. Takes about 15 minutes to do both tires.
I agree. Did it on a set of old Goodyears nearly 10 yrs ago. Still holding and heavy.

I use bolt in vavle stems ( higher pressure capabilities incase of a pressure surge), 1/2" hole for the second vavle stem 180 degrees from the other valve stem hole. Pull out the cores and a short piece of vacuum line and a funnel. Loaded 5.5 gallons per tire took maybe twenty minutes for both. Jack up tractor tire. Put one valve stem at the 12 o clock position and fill through the lower valve stem. When it comes out the top valve stem screw in the core. Pull off hose and put the core in bottom valve stem.