Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Devan48

Manufacturer Number

Devan48
New to the forum. I have a AC B-110. I have searched in the site but can't find an answer to my question. Where in the manufacturer number located. I need this number to search for manuals and other tech data it seems.

rokon2813
Not sure if it's even on the tractor? I can't find it on mine. To my knowledge there are only 4 manufacturer numbers for the 110 2029902 2029903 2029927 2029928 I don't know the differences, but some searching on simple tractors might reveal something... maybe 3 speed with manual lift, 3 speed with factory hydro lift, variable with manual lift and variable with factory hydro lift ???

Chris727
Dan, He will need to cross it over to the Simplicity equivalent via the model cross reference table. http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/x-ref_table.htm Should cross to a Simplicity 2210 Landlord mfr# 990496.

JimDk
No variable drive on the B-110. My guess the other two numbers are for the later solenoid start models. The number should be on a data plate on the lower dash in front of the gear shift lever.

rokon2813
Ahh, only the 112 had a variable?? My data plate is very nice and only has the B110 and the serial number, no other info. I forgot about the later solenoid start :I

Devan48
Thanks for the good info. I had seen elsewhere in the forum the reference to the Landlord 2210 and this confirms it. Checked the cross reference table and confirmed everything. One last question there are two references in the table for the B-110 one says ES, ML and the other says ES, PL. What does this mean? ML might be Manual Lift but PL? My data plate also has only B-110 and the serial number.

Devan48
Thanks guys. This is actually my second time with the club but I had to postpone working on my project until retirement. Guess I forgot everything because I am pretty sure I had all this info before.

GrincheyOne
many of the early AC B series tractors had an metal ID plate on the rear edge of the seat pan, but it only contains the model name eg B-110 and the S/N; No product #. Wayne

Talntedmrgreen
The later B series has no tag on the seat pan...only on the column, below the steering and start, fore of the shifter. Devan...does your machine start with a push button or by turning the key? If it's a push button it will cross with the Simplicity 2110.

Devan48
There is a blank hole that is labeled "Ignition" and under the steering wheel a "Start" button. Also, a toggle switch for on/off that looks like an after market additions. I assume that the key switch was removed and the on/off added. If that is correct, then it originally had a key and push button start.

Devan48
Yes according to the cross reference table it should be the 2110 Also, I was trying to get the manuals for the 42" deck but they won't download from the Simplicity site. Just get a blank page. The ones for the tractor did OK. Anyone know of a problem.

JimDk
Jack, If you had the flush type ignition switch the key probably got broke off in the switch. Most do, sooner or later, then was replaced by your toggle switch. This was not one of Simplicty's better ideas. The later solenoid start models have a recess in the dash to correct the problem.