Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FYI: PayPal electronic payments

Kent

Thanks Kent..! Most times I won't buy unless the seller accepts PayPal. Sending a money order, or even a check by snail-mail is an unnecessary annoyance.

I agree, I've also used PayPal for about a year now for Ebay purchases etc. You don't have to use a credit card either, if you set up your bank checking or savings account. I have my account set up, so anyone out there that wants to send me money, please use above email address... Paul

People will send you money just for having a PayPal account?! Can't type now - must sign up!

Brent, And the best part is that you don't even have to send $1 to everyone on the email list, then delete name one, move everyone up, add your name to the end and send to everyone you know.... Oh well, you get the picture.... 8o) PayPal really does make buying and selling over the Web simpler for us "little people." Kent

I just added a button and link to PayPal in the heading on the For Sale and Want Ad pages. If you're not aware of PayPal, you may want to check it out.... PayPal allows individuals to send an electronic payment to other individuals, safely and securely, using their Visa and MasterCard. There's no cost to the sender (i.e. buyer) from a Personal Account and either free (if you have sales under $100 a month) or inexpensive to the seller. In fact, they give a $5 credit when you first sign up -- so it's $5.00 off your first purchase. It sure beats the expense and delays involved with Money Orders or waiting on personal checks to clear. Because you've used your credit card, your purchase MAY (it varies) be protected by the credit card company. To learn more, just click on the link, and explore.... If you still have questions, ask another club member here. Many of us already use PayPal, since it makes eBay buying and selling SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier! I thought I'd offer it to club members too.

I agree Kent! We have been using Paypal for about a year now! Never had a problem! Most seller's on e-bay offer payment with it. It's the way to go in my opinion! Jim