Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mlb2661

What is this?

Mlb2661
I picked this up this weekend at a show in Pepperell Ma. Anyway the vendor was told it was a not often found part by another tractor guy, I only need the tooth gear, and it was a set so bought both pieces. What is it?

CleanBee
Todd has it, it is a lift lever latch for floating, handy with rear implements too. I think they used these after the foot draggers and before they used cables and spring rods. The tractors in this era had numerous latch locking locations. I think someone back in archives had a post about these? Dan

GrincheyOne
That is a latch on a left hand large lift lever. It normally rides on a semi circular shaped quadrant, this is notched and bolted to the left side of the tractor. the lever is conncted to the rock shaft via setscrew and key. The rear lift rod has a clevis that connects to the rockshaft (inside the frame). On the right side there is a small lift lever for lifting dozer blades, blowers, etc.a smaller lever is attached to this lift lever and attaches via chain to the mower deck, or grader hitch. Wayne

TimJr
Yeah, I have only seen it on a 3300 series. They will fit any of them - they can be handy if you need the float. That way you don't need to hold your thumb on the lift lever button the whole time. I put one on a 7016. Tim

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts