Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A Pleasent Surprise

larry8200

I went to Connecticut Tuesday afternoon for what I thought was a nice Landlord 2110, but turned out to be an exceptionally nice low mileage Landlord 2210, which I didn't have one yet. I cleaned it up, "freshend" the side panels and grill trim, and put a seat on it. Zero problems. And the crew made a spot between the 2110 and 3012. :)

Looks like it's ready to go to work! I must admit that I had started to think that maybe I had a problem when I got my 5th tractor, but seeing your herd makes me feel like casual drinker next to a wino^ Signed, Envious in Ohio

Clean tractor. Looks like a good find. Wats the difference in the 2110 and 2210? Is it the push bottom ignition on the 2110 and key ignition on the 2210

Looks nice Larry,,,,, Where'd ya put the old seat?? Oh,,, and a question..... Did you know why the key is recessed on the 2210?

quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Looks nice Larry,,,,, Where'd ya put the old seat?? Oh,,, and a question..... Did you know why the key is recessed on the 2210?
Keep the key from breaking off?

I dont know why the key is recessed. I dont like it. The key is recessed on my 3212H's too. My 3012V has a push button. The 2210 has key ignition and a nuetral safety switch, and the steering rod is the newer heavier one. Has the early PTO. Dont know if it has the same steering gear or not. Its a slightly updated 2110 Tim: I saved the seat. It unbolted easy. Its wider and more comfortable than the $45 scoop seat from TSC. I may put a cover on it and put it back on. I have another from a 2012 if your interested, or do you know who re-covers them? I would think it very difficult to do a faithfull reproduction on these.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveTenney
Looks like it's ready to go to work! I must admit that I had started to think that maybe I had a problem when I got my 5th tractor, but seeing your herd makes me feel like casual drinker next to a wino^ Signed, Envious in Ohio
Its much worse than it looks. There are just ten out front today. The forecast is fair so I have my nicest out on display. But there are a total of over 20, and las February they peaked at thirty!

quote:
Originally posted by SimplicitySwede Keep the key from breaking off?
Right Jared, I speak from 'sperience.sm00sm00 I have a guy that will recover seats for me. They won't have the molded pattern on them, but he does a decent job. I've been kinda looking for a stock seat for my Landlord. The one I have on it makes me sit kinda high.

Yeh, all of my key start tractors have recesses through my 2000 Sovereign. Tim, My favorite seat style is the old Landlord. Comfortsble, Top Quality, and you can easilt shift to either side to help balance the tractor. I prefer cheap covers on the old seats to most new seats. My 3212H Weedcutter has a tie on vinyl cover on its LL style seat that other than color would look OEM. Wish I knew where to get some! I would buy a dozen!!!

clean tractor , nice find dOd. i leave the original foam on the seat for extra padding then put on seat cover.

Larry, Check with Mary Gearhardt, she is the official "seamstress". She has done some beautiful work on the "B" series seats, and also the 725 ones. Wayne