Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

990503 tiller belt length

shamrockjack

I have 7016 tractor and 990503 tiller put new 96.1 inch simplicity belt on and it slips so bad tiller stops turning the other belt is 8 inches shorter 88 in. and I cant see that being right does anyone know what I should do Thanks all

I use the 96" with no trouble. I wouldn't have thought the 88" belt would have even fit onto the pulleys. You might need to adjust the hand-clutch on the tiller.

The 990503 is a 36" tiller and if it is on a 7016 it needs a 96.1" belt. Actually all the 36" tillers made for the past 40 years use that same belt on the the 3300 through the Sovereign 18`s. Belt installed correctly? http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arG2rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

I know that on here I read where the 990545 tiller uses the 88 in. belt on the 7016 and I'm more confused all the time the belt I have is too long but I can't see a 88 in. solving the problem . I would like to talk to someone with a 7016 and a 990503 tiller that works Thanks Again

The reason that the 990545 tiller uses a 8" shorter belt (88" long) belt number 105287 is because that the tractors that the tiller mfg. no. was made for has 4" shorter sides plates between the BGB and transmission than the tractors that uses the 96.1" belt part number 105340. The 990545 is for a 2012 and a 2110 or if you use the 8" longer belt you can use it on a 3112H or a 3112V or newer. The two tillers are the same. The belts are just different lengths. I have owned a 7016H and that tiller you have. The tiller is the same as a 1690039 tiller except yours has the engagement handle on the tiller where as the 1690039 and mfg. nos. above that do not. The 36" tillers in all the parts manuals are the same other that that engagement clutch handle that you have. page 53 and 54 in link below show the tractors that it fit and the belt number. http://www.simpletractors.com/what_fits/rotary_tillers.htm Your right, the 88" belt won`t solve the problem and it won`t fit the 7016H. In the manual below the belt length is the only difference between the two tiller numbers. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8arG2rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq Can you post a picture of the tiller installed on the tractor? Has to be as Chris stated or a belt routing issue.

I will try to post a pic. it's routed as drawing shows pully size is in none of the prints I will also measure drive pully on tiller. Thanks

Tiller pulley should be 9" diameter. If you need any help or pictures upload to site my email is raymel1995@comcast.net I believe the cone clutch pulley on BGB is 5" diameter.

Thanks a lot for all the trouble I'm putting you through been staying with my Grand Daughters this week end will get back on pictures monday AM Thamks again