Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 916h & B-112

canuckkid

Hey everyone, I bought a 916h last year after I purchased my house. I received a mower, blade, and snowblower with it, but I plan on doing a large vegetable garden and was looking for garden implements. Such as the plow, tiller, cultivator, etc. I haven"t had much luck here in southern ontario, with the exception of this ad: http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-other-ANTIQUE-RARE-ALLIS-CHALMERS-B-112-WITH-MANY-ORIGINAL-ACCESSORY-W0QQAdIdZ382989971 The price seems pretty damn high to me, and it"s a bit of a drive. Also, the poster says everything is mint, but the pictures say otherwise. So my question is, would these implements mount to my tractor? Would it be worth getting that package deal, and selling the tractor I currently have? Thanks in advance for your opinions. Matt

Welcome to the club. Lot of nice attachments. If you are after the tiller it isn`t going to work on your 916H and neither is the sickle bar. The dozer blade would need some modifications as well. Cart and culitivator would work. The deck adjusters will hit your running boards. I would keep looking. I like the B series tractors but prefer the 900 series. Even if you bought to sell off it is at its upper end on price and who knows the condition of the motor after 40 plus years. Not sure how far it is from you but you could always make a road trip to the U.S. There usually alot of stuff in PA. and NY.

That is a very "complete" package but your right, it is WAY too expensive for the conditions I see. Like Ray said, It may be worth a trip to pick up the attachments wanted. Welcome...and good luck sm01

I think the price is for restored condition; a better deal at half the price. But the idea is good - all the toys right now, no searching - just gotta go thru entire tractor and paint. I would pass. Also I know there's better deals down your way; cos that's where stuff I want is - often. The old allis is in ottawan price mode. common occurrence. and the cost for big gas for the all day drive. There's stuff out there for 916's or similar, check kj daily. Good to know who does welding also. Also look into a 'sleeve hitch'. For plow, cultivators, etc.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I figure I'll wait until next year to dig the garden, which gives me plenty of time to look for a better deal. I had a look at the Brinly website; pretty nice stuff. Kijiji had a couple plows out in Western Ontario, now that I've looked a little more. I'm a little in the dark about the sleeve hitch though; where can I get one? (I can weld, how hard would it be to make one?) Also, how do the implements attach to it and adjust? Thanks for the welcomes too guys!

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121403&SearchTerms=sleeve,hitch There's sleeve hitches and sleeve hitch adaptors - all slightly different, all doing same thing, depending on brand, model, year, etc. It will drive you crazy. The link shows a diagram by 'Dutch' with measurements. Lots of folks using this one. Others have made them. You can do search for 'sleeve hitch' and find lots of stuff. and pix. and discussions. etc. You need a "rear lift assembly" on your tractor also. A lot of plows and cultivators use them - it's possible to use SH adaptors to use 3pointhitch (3ph) implements without a 3ph on the tractor. With these tractors there's generally no downpressure, the rear lift is gravity only. The SH provides resistance to side-to-side movement, and in conjunction with the lift, the height can be set by raise/lower.

Welcome to the Club. That price is for a restored tractor.:O:O
quote:
I haven"t had much luck here in southern ontario
These tractor are still out there....but harder to find.:D:D I might have bought most of them in my area.^:D Karl