Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SimplicitySwede

Farm Tractors

SimplicitySwede
How many of you guys have antique farm tractors? I know a few of you have D series ACs. My LTs and GTs I like Simplicity and AC but my farm tractors are IH. Between me and my old man we have ten. I have a 1947 Farmall M, a 1958 Farmall 350 and last year I bought back for the 3rd time the original 1958 Farmall 450 my grandpa bought new. He even went with me to buy it back which was pretty cool. My dad has a 46 B, 46 A, 52 H, 55 300 Utility, 55 400, 57 450, and a 61 560. Any one else have the big boys?

steve-wis
Got rid of mine when I moved into town, but wife and I hobby farmed 24 acres with an Allis Chalmers 190XT, an Allis Chalmers B, and my dad's 1948 Allis Chalmers WD that he bought brand new. Now I have all small tractors, but the big ones were lots of fun and all were very reliable too. That 190XT was a real work horse! The B was for raking hay and pulling wagons, and the WD did mowing of hay, and all loader work as well as snow removal. Steve

bowhunt4life
I had an allis wd45 for scooping manure and for hauling the manure spreader but that is long gone. I still see it now and then as the guy that bought it uses it for hauling wood.

B110guy
I've got a 35 AC WC and a 51 WD. WD is a wide front with an AC trip loader. Use it almost every week. The WC is my favorite of the 2, but it only gets used on the poo hauler in the fall and some random trips around the yard. I'll have both and my B110 at Old Threshers in Mt Pleasant, IA this year. AC is the featured tractor. B110guy

PeppyDan
I have a 1957 Allis D-14 which is the first year for the D-14's that I nearly bought before I got married but the wife talked me out of it because of wedding expenses:( A few years later it came up for sale again and I convinced her that I needed it:) A couple of years ago I got rid of her(the ex8D) and was able to buy my 1951 Co-op E-4 from my dad that he brought home mostly in the bed of a pickup truck in 1989 and finished restoring in 1993. It put out 51hp on the dyno that year:D Dan

goodtimo
On Dad's farm in Indiana where I grew up ( I have since moved to Illinois) they have 8, but we've had more than that over the years. My Dad is one of those farmers that actually uses all his antique farm equipment. However, he loves to tinker with the engines and turn them up, turbos them etc. He also used to tractor pull a lot and still does a few times each year with the 185, the WD45 diesel and the Cockshutt. Several are on YouTube under my login: simpletractor Currently has: two AC 7060s AC 7020 high crop AC 185 turbocharged and inter-cooled (at or near 180hp) AC 175 turbocharged (106 hp) Cockshutt 50 Diesel turbocharged (over 100 hp) AC WD45 Diesel wide front end with factory power steering and with D19 turbo diesel engine (over 100 hp) AC WD45 with LP pistons, wide front end with factory power steering (I think it was at 63 hp) previously owned: AC D17 series II AC 190 XT gasser (110 hp) Several AC WDs AC WC Case 400 diesel AC 220 with front-wheel-assist and cab (turned up to 225 hp) another AC 7060 Cockshutt 570

hamman
We have a 1942 AC WC Styled on Rear Steel and front rubber, that is currently getting a newer motor. We have a 1947 AC WC on Rubber. We have a 1930s IHC all Steel manure spreader we are getting ready to restore, a IHC 1 bottom Trip Steel wheel Plow, JD Steel wheel 1 Bottom plow, JD #1 Field mower on steel. We just use these for hobby and shows.

rokon2813
I have a John Deere L yet to be brought home and restored. Comes with home built snow plow, cultivators, 1 bottom plow, off brand disc, rear turf tires and tire chains.

babablacksheep
I currently have four on the property. 1951 Allis Chalmers model B w/plow and cultivators 1958 Ferguson F40 (Hi 40/Row Crop) w/3 bottom plow and disc harrow 1966 Allis Chalmers D15 SeriesII gas w/3 bottom plow and Wagner loader 2002 New Holland TN55S FWD diesel 8 speed shuttle w/6ft mower and loader The three older ones all need to be restored, that's why the New Holland is here. Previous tractors 1937 Allis Chalmers Model B Crank start, manual lift and hand brakes 194? Farmall Super A 1951 Ferguson TO30 (great tractor) 195? John Deere Model B

MDB
I have a 1965 John Deere 4020 with an M % W Turbo that we still use to plant corn, run grain auger and sometimes work some ground. It's still fun to take that one to the field put the hammer down......:D

BTW the 4" Chrome stack really makes it talk......:D

Al
HI, I currently have aside from my business inventory of Simplicity new and used tractors, an 860 Ford with a Superior Heavy Duty loader and a 6 foot bucket. Also a Tyler Challenger Loader/Fork lift using the same Ford industrial engine as the 860. Also a John Deere 125 diesel skid loader with dirt and snow buckets. Al Eden

Homesteader
Between me and my dad its 16, Farmall: C, Super C with mounted corn picker, H, 2 SM's, SMTA, 450, 560 Oliver: 770 Ford: 2N John Deere: 3010, 6400 Case IH: 1066, 3388, 7120, 7130 MFWD

landlord2110
I have a (est. 1958) MF-65 which I have talked about in the Shop Talk section. I use this for snowplowing & stoneraking 900' driveway. Its a little overkill, but I got a great deal.
[img]/club2/attach/landlord2110/001.jpg[/img]

JimDk
Here's my '51 Allis "B" fresh out of my shop. We put the decals on today. The end of a 6 month project.

Also have a 3215 Mahindra with FEL which does the heavy lifting and mowing.

Karl_Brandt
I have a 1956 Ferguson 35 with industrial loader. Also a 1960 Massey Ferguson 35. The two tractors do not look pretty but they work ok.
[img]/club2/attach/Karl_Brandt/ferguson-3.jpg[/img]
Karl

Al
Karl, Do you still have all of the 2 wheelers? I have about 10 in various states from complete on down and a bunch of attachments. I am going to try to sell the lot. I don't have time to restore them and I want them to go some where that they will be protected from the scrap heap. Haven't decided on how to do it. I would be interested in knowing about your 2 wheel collection. Thanks, Al Eden

SimplicitySwede
quote:
Originally posted by Homesteader
Between me and my dad its 16, Farmall: C, Super C with mounted corn picker, H, 2 SM's, SMTA, 450, 560 Oliver: 770 Ford: 2N John Deere: 3010, 6400 Case IH: 1066, 3388, 7120, 7130 MFWD
a 1066 ad 3388 is still IH buddy not Case IH lol

Karl_Brandt
quote:
Do you still have all of the 2 wheelers?
Yes Al I still have the Simplicity two wheel tractors. I just bought two Simplicity walking tractors 2 weeks ago. I have Simplicity two wheel tractors in these models A no engine,D,FA,LB no engine,VA,VC,W. Also have some equipment for them...snowblades,rotary tillers,cultivators,sickle mower,harrow,disc,plows,etc. Most of the tractors are on my website. Karl

BAP
[green]I have a few antique farm tractors along with my Simplicity's. They are in various stages of repair and running condition. McCormick 10-20 Farmall F-12 on steel Farmall F-14 with mounted one way plows Farmall Regular Several Farmall F-12 parts tractors Farmall H Farmall M Case DC-4 John Deere H John Deere Unstlyed A John Deere LA with Mounted Plow and set of cultivators International T-20 crawler Oliver 70 Cletrac K-20 crawler Now I look at the list, I guess it is more than a few.OO[red]