Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler k-361 regulator wiring

steveo358

Hi, Mother-in-law calls to tell me that the 7018 wont start. I drive 30 miles, and when I lift the hood, it appears that the wiring that goes to the regulator has been cut by the hood. Anyone have a diagram, or know what wires go where? loos like 2 white, and one red.The 2 white wires apear to come from the stator. Anyone know how to connect them back to the regulator? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Do a lookup on 1690304 there is a wire diagram there. EDIT: Here is wire diagram. It has a dual circuit charging circuit.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/7018WireDiagramSML.jpg[/img]

Hopefully this will help. See this post for a pic of the old style Kohler regulator: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121158&SearchTerms=regulator The white wires go the two terminals marked "AC" (they are next to each other) and the red wire goes to the "B+" terminal (single terminal).

If it is a factory built, you have a split circuit system, 3 amp DC for charging and 15 VAC for lighting. I just got done wiring my 718 (7018's brother) back to as built as the PO tried to install some ditzy tail lights and didn't know what type of electrical and cut the harness in two. Then nothing worked. He then had some one temporarily wire a the start solenoid and 12V coil source. From that point on, the PO charged the battery every few weeks . When I saw the wire diagram of the 7018, I understood his problem and got everything working on the correct wires. Here are the specs on 7018.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/7018SpecsSML.jpg[/img]