Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric angle for snow blade

OrangeMetalGuy

This is something I've wanted to do for several years now... but wasn't sure if an electric linear actuator would be strong enough. But apparently there is one which is... I was looking (ok drooling) at the Johnnybucket site, and they actually sell a plow with an electric angling actuator. I will resurrect this idea and take some measurements. If I could get one on one of my manual angle plows, that would sure make next winter easier. I just hate having to get off the tractor every time I need to change the plow angle.

Scott I've been toying with this same idea since I found the plow in the link below. It has some unknown bracket added & I thought maybe somebody was planning on adding an actuator. But then I wondered why...that plow has a rod to unlatch & angle it from the seat already....so the bracket mystery continues?? http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119131 But to add one on a standard dozer blade would be very cool 8D even just for the mechanical challange of it. sm01

You have the 5-way adjustable dozer blade, you lucky guy. It's the heavy duty blade w heavier hitch. There's another rod besides the lift rod, that changes the angle. It's kinda complex. That bracket is not it. I want that blade. sm01 Blade 1690088 Hitch 1690089

Thanks Graham but I was just refering to the "mystery bracket" as a possible power angle mounting point. from Scotts original idea [Sorry Scott I didnt want to hyjack your thread] Below are my 46" plows. When you find one the extra control rods always seem to be missing. The 2nd pic has the rod I made...

quote:
Originally posted by MysTiK
You have the 5-way adjustable dozer blade, you lucky guy. It's the heavy duty blade w heavier hitch. There's another rod besides the lift rod, that changes the angle. It's kinda complex. That bracket is not it. I want that blade. sm01 Blade 1690088 Hitch 1690089

I've done a couple.Should be a fairly simple job on one of these blades.Here's a link to a project I did for my neighbor on his deere,which is similar in design.Actuator should have 2-3000 lb shock load rating and the trunnions supported on both sides. http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=110687

i'm going to use a linear actuator to angle my plow this year. i bought it to lift my brinly plow and i ran wiring to the front and back when i installed it. it should be a simple job to install the actuator to the plow, just a couple welds. i can upload pics when i complete it.