Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

515 loader mounting question on B10

bowhunt4life

How the heck do i get at the headbolts to take off the angle iron brace and replace with loader bracket? this angle iron is under the frame. please tell me I dont have to pull motor.

I sorry but what loader type on what tractor? do you have any pics? do you have installation manual or download? usually fairly easy to find if you have the model #'s

515 loader on B10. I have manual but all manual says is to remove angle iron and replace. thanks chris

515 loader on B10. I have manual but all manual says is to remove angle iron and replace. thanks chris

Chris I dont have that type loader but the "headbolts" are right on top of the engine. But I dont know what they have to do with a loader install...

Chris, Yes unfortunately the easiest method is engine removal particularly if you don't have an air gun. You can cheat a little by just loosening the motor bolts so you can slide a wrench underneath the engine to hold the bolts from turning.

I have an air gun and will give that a try first. Next questions is should I put the loader on my Big Ten with Hyrdolift? Can I run my tiller with the loader frame on? Otherwise I have to take my B10 mowing machine and put the loader on that. Thanks, Chris

Chris, I was also able to get those bolts loose without touching the engine. I used an electric impact and held pressure against the bolt heads through that slot in the frame, with a stout flathead screwdriver. It was quick and easy. Any attachments can be used with the subframe on, and any mid and rear attachments can be used with the entire loader left intact. I mow with my fel machine, and could till with it as well. But the rear will be much lighter, and it will be a bear to steer in loose, tilled soil due to the fel weight up front.

It might be possible, I'll see if the spare tiller drive will fit between the subframe rails for the weight box. Pulling the weight box each time would be a pain, I think. I'd set one up for mowing , tilling etc with the hydrolift. Make one a dedicated loader, I have used the rear grader blade on mine.

Well the B10 lives and it works great!!!! This will be a dedicated loader tractor for now. My Big Ten will be the mowing and tilling maching for now with room for maybe one more if I can get my 09 Craftsman sold. Thank you to all who helped. Also I wil post a proper completion thread and give credit where credit is due. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/55chevy/b10loader.jpg[/IMG]

That's a sweet setup Chris...you're gonna love that =] We might have to get a loader convention together ;)