Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Should I go pick this up? (Updated pics 7/15)

jsarro

Is this worth getting? (This post had a original CL ad link. I removed it as members warned me my deal may get swiped before I picked it up) See pics below in lower posts. Jack 7/15/12

OK thanks guys, I'll go for it! Nothing to lose and a lot to gain! Plus I will likely keep it out of the scrap metal heap.

It's all set! I'm going to go get it tomorrow afternoon or Monday. I'll fill you guys in when I get it home.

15 Minutes w/ Motor and you didn't go get it? The ad has a number and I'll bet somebody offers more than free. Good luck and I hope he pulled the listing. I would too if I were you.

Still has BGB, Vari-speed Trans, good metal, engine, S&G, Etc... LOTS of parts will fit your machine...Whatta deal dOddOd Looks to me like its worth restoring $

Call me naive or trustworthy, maybe foolish! Thanks for the warning, sorry I had to modify my posts above for now. Maybe it's every man for themselves? I hope not. I've been speaking to the guy for a few weeks, and we seem to have an agreement.

Better safe than sorry...wait till you got it then show off the deal sm01
quote:
Originally posted by jsarro
Call me naive or trustworthy, maybe foolish! Thanks for the warning, sorry I had to modify my posts above for now. Maybe it's every man for themselves? I hope not. I've been speaking to the guy for a few weeks, and we seem to have an agreement.

Jack - it's gotta be almost at the 'don't tell the wife' stage. better if you don't mention the 'tractor' word. out of mind, not a problem. :D just hide it somewhere. and never believe that she will understand any of it.fish sorry i tuned in kinda 'post edit' i look forward to pix of the wreck. parts are worth more than just parts. especially when you need one and it's rare, nla, hard to find, xpenzif, and it's on your parts rig.

You guys must have a better 'puter than me. I can't "see" what you are talking about. All I see is the title of the thread "Should I go pick this up?" and the first entry of the thread "Is this worth getting?". No pictures, no descriptions, zero other information. What exactly is everyone commenting on?

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
You guys must have a better 'puter than me. I can't "see" what you are talking about. All I see is the title of the thread "Should I go pick this up?" and the first entry of the thread "Is this worth getting?". No pictures, no descriptions, zero other information. What exactly is everyone commenting on?
It was a craigslist thread for a simplicity parts tractor, 3112V I think. Looks like the thread was taken down.

Jack must have removed the link on edit, probably because the ad was taken down on CL as I could not find it on a search later! Luckily it was too far away and I already have too many! LOL:D

I have it home now. Pictures will be up later tonight. I am going through things right now. This was kind of fun! My first time getting a pile of junk!:D

OK guys here are some photos. I had to drive 10 mins each way to pick it up. If I did not get it, the guy was hauling it to the scrap metal heap. It is a 3210V. I got it for free!:D

Here is the 42" plow, I paid $65.00 for it. I did not play hardball with him on this because he drove out of his way to pick it up for me, and he was giving me the tractor for free regardless of whether I bought the plow.

quote:
Originally posted by MysTiK
Jack - it's gotta be almost at the 'don't tell the wife' stage. better if you don't mention the 'tractor' word. out of mind, not a problem. :D just hide it somewhere. and never believe that she will understand any of it.fish sorry i tuned in kinda 'post edit' i look forward to pix of the wreck.
Mystik, I love your commentary and perspective, it keeps things interesting.