Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

Anyone recognize this cultivator?

rokon2813
Anyone know what brand this might be??? Note the hand wheel to adjust the width, steel brackets to limit width and mini H-beam rather than bar stock

SmilinSam
Dont know how it was in New York, but here in Illinois there were independant two wheel tractor manufacturers all over the place way back when. Same way with walk behind weed mowers. Lots of products that no one else other than locals in a 100 mile radius have ever heard of.

rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Dont know how it was in New York, but here in Illinois there were independant two wheel tractor manufacturers all over the place way back when. Same way with walk behind weed mowers. Lots of products that no one else other than locals in a 100 mile radius have ever heard of.
Same way here Sam. It seems everyone who got mad at the "boss" quit and went home and built stuff out of the garage. I'm still hoping someone might recognize it ;) It appears to be very well built and thought out. With the upgrades, probably not cheap in it's day either

GLPointon
Dan when I was a kid my Dad had one just like that except his had a wheel at the end of each beam. And the wheels were metal. They looked like 2 pie pans put together, this way they would still limit the depth but would "cut" into the dirt enough to keep it from moving side to side. Also his was black and very old, the wheels were starting to rust thru.... He pitched it 20 yrs ago along with lots of other old "no-name tractor stuff" when he retired/moved to town C:(ngr2

Sign in to follow this