Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B10Dave

New to me.

B10Dave
:D Went to a local show yesterday with my wife and the B110/sulky combo for transportation. Looked in the flea market area as soon as we got there and made a purchase within 10 minutes of arriving. Picked up a complete VC walk behind and another minus the engine but with a tiller attached. Also got a plow and a disc set. :O $95 for everything.

Talntedmrgreen
Great grab Dave! The disc alone is worth the price and your gas there and home. The walk behinds around here are plentiful and usually cheap...If I needed something smaller, I think that one would be a bargain for all sorts of chore work. I've seen them in action and tilling is rather effortless, vs the compact, lightweight walk behind tillers of today. I think you'll like that! (time to build a new sulky for her?)

arnoldir
Nice score Dave, I'm a big fan of my V and VC walk behinds. The V has dog clutches and a solid axle, and is great for dragging a plow or pushing dirt with a front blade. She runs straight even with the blade angled. Use caution on hills, if the dogs are sticky she will free wheel and run away. The sulkys for walkers have a foot brake for safety. My VC has the differential on one end like my 725, and is best for puling the thatcher and aerator around on the lawn. Either machine should have a tension spring on the shift lever to hold them in gear, as without it they can pop out of gear and free wheel. Enjoy.

Karl_Brandt
Nice score Dave, I was looking at that tractor 15 minutes before you bought it. The frame looks like a Simplicity model VA and rottotiller was made to fit. I already have two VC and one VA walking tractor. Karl

Sign in to follow this