Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

BVI Thermo Fogger

osenga

I have found a BVI Thermo Fogger. And it shows up as a add on in the 1967 2012 page But dont have no # with it and just tring to figure out how and where the 2 hoses connect to . Any help here would be really great

Very nice find Bryan, Be sure to post some pics...I've always wanted to see one I think it uses the exhaust temps to vaporize the chemicals and doesn't it blow from the exhaust pipe???? WHO dreamed that up? 8D Very cool 8D

Greg ya I say the bottom hose taps into the muffler but the top hose has me stumped as to where it will go will get some pics of it up tonight

I bought an old landlord 2012 from a guy who had that fogger in a box. It was very cool. He said it came with a b110 he bought. I look forward to seeing pictures.

still messing with it and all but the shut off valve is froze up went to turn it and snap on the handle. went to unhook that valve and wouldn't you know it. Its in there tight as heck. So I have it soaking some now hope it gives loose here soon. hate to mess this thing up.

Dont know what valves look like but if it has a packing nut (around the stem) then loosen and spray lube inside too How does that "push" the fluid into the exhaust? Does the 2nd hose need to connect to a pump or pressure tank (like on a garden sprayer) or use engine "fan" pressure?? Something has to force the pesticide into the muffler???
quote:
Originally posted by osenga
still messing with it and all but the shut off valve is froze up went to turn it and snap on the handle. went to unhook that valve and wouldn't you know it. Its in there tight as heck. So I have it soaking some now hope it gives loose here soon. hate to mess this thing up.

Let it rust. I'm pretty sure they quit using those in the 1950's after they discovered that they were killing people as well as mosquitoes. That kind of air pollution - is there a better word? - might be directly linked to cancer rates. Do yourself a favor and become a clean air freak. You won't make any friends with it. Bury it somewhere. Or make it a museum piece for artifacts of chemical warfare.

The fogger I've seen more reference to is the Blitz Fogger. If you google that, there is more info, and some pics. Looks like both hoses will go to the exhaust. One probably takes in exhaust pressure, and the other gives you your drip...I also read on a Bolens site that both hoses go to the exhaust. [img]http://www.stevenchalmers.com/Gravely/MowIn2001/Blitz_CloseUp.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.stevenchalmers.com/Gravely/MowIn2001/Blitz_Piping.jpg[/img] An interesting read..... http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/museum/artifacts/archives/001296.asp Neat adds... [img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/Stolen%20From%20Sites/BlitzFoggerad.png[/img] [img]http://cdn.tractorforum.com/attachments/f205/2889d1091843794-blitz-fogger-blitz-fogger.jpg[/img]

hey josh , looks like you found the same thing i posted on show-tell. :D looks like there is info on the foggers and just about all the L&G brand forums. ill check with the wheel horse guys for a manual.

If you were to get that hooked up to test it, I would only put light weight oil in it. Either that, or wear a gas mask.sm00sm00 I would put that can in the "wierd and potentially dangerous" shelf of unusual attachments. Definitely hang onto it.

Yeah, I didn't come up with much for the BVI Thermo-Fogger, but the Blitz seemed widely distributed. I've only seen one Blitz in person. Didn't help to be 'second' on somebody's list when they sold it. I do see a deleted ad for Blitz Fogger on CL...it was posted recently on June 20 in CT. Somebody got their hands on one.

a few things that might help , and Ill send you some PDF manuals to your email [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/fogger1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/fogger2.jpg[/IMG]

As neat an acquisition as that is, I'm kind of glad you didn't get it until after I visited with you on Saturday. I'm not so sure I'd want to be around to see you demonstrate how that one works. Maybe if you resto it and take it to shows you could just fill it with that Halls mentho-lyptus stuff they sell for use in those little humidifiers.

Was just going to put mineral spirits in it since that won't hurt the tank won't smoke a bunch and nothing can hurt the ones there fear this stuff. I intake worse stuff then that when I'm at work . Sorry if anyone is offended on that comment. I'll be quiet now

Actually, they still make and sell foggers and fluid. I assume the fluids are more safe today, and if used according to directions and as approved, are relatively safe. So if you use some current solutions, you may be able to use your fogger safely.

do these foggers even work ?. i have a hand held one and it does not seem to work very good. i spray around house deck, yard and even walk thru woods. guess it may not help that i am back in the woods with swamp behind me.

Any of the fogger we have used have always worked great . Bugs gone for several hours for peace and they don't go for your beer lol

You know if the 1st hose was tapped in the pipe before the muffler and the 2nd one in the muffler then you would get enough pressure differential to push the chemical into the 2nd hose in the muffler. And control the rate of flow with the valve... Easy and effective sm01 Make sure the cap is on and gasketed or it will erupt XX( I think I would have to restore/mount/use that...just to show it off 8D

quote:
Any of the fogger we have used have always worked great . Bugs gone for several hours for peace and they don't go for your beer lol
maybe i'm just using the wrong stuff. just grabbed the bottle of repellent that was next to the hand held fogger at home depot

Perry my Dad had one of the portable foggers that used a Propane torch tank for the burner. He used to fog around our pool area & it worked fairly well IF there was no wind
quote:
Originally posted by perry
quote:
maybe i'm just using the wrong stuff. just grabbed the bottle of repellent that was next to the hand held fogger at home depot

quote:
Was just going to put mineral spirits in it since that won't hurt the tank won't smoke a bunch and nothing can hurt the ones there fear this stuff. I intake worse stuff then that when I'm at work . Sorry if anyone is offended on that comment. I'll be quiet now
I'm sure no one's offended. We're just worried about your safety buddy.

quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_refinery Scroll down to "Major Products" and read about light, medium, and heavy distillates. The main ingredient in the fogger oil is petroleum distillates. I would put at least a medium distillate in the tank and work from there. I think, and it is my opinion, that mineral spirits might be too volatile a chemical to put into that tank, or even have come out of a hot muffler. Play safe Bryan:D:D

Suggestions of light oils, and all of these other fluids seem off base to me. Why not just purchase some liquid that is designed for that use and: 1)see if it works as it is supposed to, you may not be able to determine that with the wrong solutions: 2)maybe actually have a useable insect fogger once working, and lastly and most importantly: 3) be safe? Seems pretty simple to me.