Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

16 hp BRIGG & STRATTON

JJ MARSHALL

i pick 16 hp brigg awhile back was told that it came off a welder model 326437 type 0758-01 code 87082714. can seem to fine any inform on it . it has a factory a no point system. can anyone gave any infro on this engine? THANKS JJ

I it appears that it has a fywheel for an alternator and standard crankshaft, same as Simplicity. If you post some pictures, you'll get a bunch of answers.;) P/S: I finally found the type number for the crankshaft in my parts book and as built was a tapered shaft.

parts manual http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/18nnALXAnfBhU7y.pdf operators manual http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/msowHM-K_ny7tH217FzoPu.pdf website I got them from. http://www.briggsandstratton.com/support/?NTT=326437-0758-01

Briggs made your engine on August 17,1987 in plant #14. It's a gear tooth starter type with magnetron ignition (no points). It should look something like this:

It should have a small mica board where the points are normally to connect the kill wire to:

I have electronic copies of both the parts list and operators manual for your spec Briggs. If you want a copy, PM me your email addie and I'll send them to you.

If you have a rectifier regulator, like shown in Phandad's second picture mounted on the starter housing, you'll probably have a 10 amp charge circuit. If you have a red or black wire not connected, that'll be your charge wire and the most those are 3 amp. For a generator application that would be all it needs.