Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower for a 7114

mldmkr1960

looking to buy a snowblower for my tractor I got in April. Does it matter what size it is 36" or a 42" ? What should I look for when buying a used one to make sure it will fit.

Check out the link below. Look for one that has a 169XXXX would be your best bet. The 169XXXX have the correct pulley that drives the aguer. You will want the hitch reference no. 10 in diagram below. http://www.simpletractors.com/what_fits/snowthrowers.htm

Welcome to the club. You are going to want the 42 inch blower. While the 36 in blower will work, the 42 inch blower will be wider than the rear tires. This will allow you to clear a path and then back out. The 36 inch blower is as wide as the tractor so backing out is harder. Don't worry the 14 horse is strong enough for the blower. In fact I used a 12 horse and a 42 inch blower for many years. Rick.........

If you have the option, I would go to the 42" blower. They are much more desirable, you will have plenty of power to run them, and they obviously cut a wider path. If you have very tight spaces or sidewalks, or a very small area, then maybe the 36" is better for you. Otherwise in my opinion, the 42" is the wise investment. Single pulley setup that Ray has shown above is definitely what you want, too. Two pulley setups require a front PTO option which most of the tractors do not have. Single pulley setup will work with all of the cone clutch center PTO tractors.

Thank you for the replies....I will let you know how I make out. BTW I do have a brand new 18 H.P. Vanguard on it so power should n't be any problem.:)