Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunrunner

rpickle

Was at lawn shop this morning picking up a new chain and bar for our Stihl saw. As I was walking in, I noticed a Sunrunner setting between the buildings along with several older push mowers. After settling for the bar and chain, I inquired about the Sunrunner. He said that was in the "scrap" pile. I asked what was wrong with it and what would it take for me to leave with it. He reffered me to another employee. He takes me out to look it over. He said the PO was using it when it "suddenly" stopped moving. The 12.5 B&S supposedly ran OK. Has sat where it is now for over a year. Has the 2 grass bag bagger. Seems in OK shape for having set out for the last year. So, I asked him what he wanted for it. He said $100. Seems a little high, if the tranny actually is broken. What do you folks think?

quote:
Originally posted by rpickle
$100. Seems a little high, if the tranny actually is broken. What do you folks think?
PM Ronald Hribar as he is the resident expert as of late

If you have level ground to mow they are quick and pretty nimble. But if the engine runs and the mower deck is ok its hard to see you losing money at that price. BTW, those things are a thrill a minute if you have any up and down at all ! I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

As long as everything is in good shape $100 is good price I have everything to fix it Motor Transmission Steering cables As for hills Nothing that more power And lug tires cannot handle

Thanks for the input. I am pretty sure I would like to get it to play with. I am currently w/o a riding bagger, so that would be welcome. My yard is very flat, so that should not be an issue. Ron, did you install a bigger Vanguard in yours? What size? Would be a fun upgrade later. I'll post pics if I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks

23 HP. It bolts right in place Later models had 16 HP vanguard I had clearance problem with rear of motor cover And throttle cable length

Aggressive works well Thought I wanted cart version instead of 2 bags But now think bags are less hassle

If I had an open area to dump, then I would like the cart. Bags like these are more convenient for me to dump them in my compost bin. The look of the bags isn't very refined on the sunrunner, looks like an after thought for sure...

Is a "Sunrunner" the same thing as a "Front Cut"? I know the design is similar; is there a significant difference? I tend to like the "deck out front" configuration, because they get into and under things, and get a lot closer than a mid-mount mower.