Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
yukon

will it fit

yukon
ive got a 716 tractor motor runs great bevel gear box out i was wandering if the 716 engine and wiring harness would fit in a 7110 landlord, the landlord has no driveshaft i have a driveshaft that measures 18 and a half inches would that fit.i would like to give new life to the landlord. heres a pic of the landlord

GLPointon
The only diff. may be the engine/driveshaft coupler. some are thicker rubber vs. wafer/fiber disc type. and matching driveshaft length...but same engine & mounts

MysTiK
There's also a trick that I don't fully understand, and have not done; but I read about it here in some other thread recently. The trick was about avoiding drive shaft binding, between the engine and the bgb, and getting a better, more accurate fit. (or so it seems to me). Anyway, the trick was mentioned by BLT, and involved slightly loosening the motor mount bolts, and then spinning the engine with the starter, plug removed, a few revs, just to allow the engine to basically position itself, relative to the drive shaft distance to the bgb. I thought this was a brilliant idea. Like I said, I haven't done this and don't know if it's common to do this either; and I am not much of a mechanic either. So, just a thought that might be helpful. Perhaps someone else can comment further, or better. But it seems to me that binding, esp. on the bgb end, would be potentially destructive, or increase wear.

yukon
binding is what im worring about want to make sure its straight and running true the one thing i dont want to do is break the tractor in half (the 716), according to partstree ive got everything to make it work. my biggist problem is i dont want this 16 hp kohler to go to waste, its a good runnig engine.

GLPointon
I've heard also loosening the setscrew on the driveshaft yoke on the BGB. then spin engine and this lets the flexplate "evenout" driveshaft length then tighten yoke setscrew. sm01

HubbardRA
I have swapped quite a few engines. I just loosen the set screws on the BGB yoke and spin the engine over by hand once. That is all that is needed. Just don't forget to re-tighten the set screws. The flexplates can take some misalignment but they cannot handle tension or compression on them. This is why the yoke needs to float on the shaft and be tightened last. By the way, the thick rubber couplers were developed to cure a problem with some of the two cylinder engines. The regular flex disks can be used with single cylinder engines instead of the thick rubber coupler if you want.

GLPointon
DEJA-VU ??? Its OK Rod...that quailifies for a senior moment :D
quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
I have swapped quite a few engines. I just loosen the set screws on the BGB yoke and spin the engine over by hand once. That is all that is needed. Just don't forget to re-tighten the set screws. The flexplates can take some misalignment but they cannot handle tension or compression on them. This is why the yoke needs to float on the shaft and be tightened last. By the way, the thick rubber couplers were developed to cure a problem with some of the two cylinder engines. The regular flex disks can be used with single cylinder engines instead of the thick rubber coupler if you want.