Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GLPointon

B12 deck vs B100 & 200 series decks

GLPointon
I just got a B12 and found that the wheelbase is consierably shorter than on my B210. (Which is shorter than my 7000/7100 series, Its a wonder everything is so interchangable. But wheelbase mainly effects mower deck size I guess) My question is if my 48" deck for a B200 series wont fit under the B12 how do I calculate which ones will. As many are missing the tags. Are there measurements to check?? Thanks for any advice/info sm01

rokon2813
Biggest deck that will fit under any of the early, short wheelbase tractors is 42" Thats early B10 Big Ten B10 B12 early landlord, landlord 101 as well as B1 700 and 725. Not sure but I THINK the B110 was also a short wheelbase. 200 series and simplicity models are longer by 4" gained with 4" longer bgb side plates. On the bright side, you don't need any numbers to be sure. Any 42" deck will fit if its from a large frame foot dragger. Some, if not all of the RBT decks will also fit, but deck pulley sizes are different so the blade speed will be different

GLPointon
Thanks Dan, I was trying to fit a 48" but I'll try a 42". I been checking these wheelbases and was surprised to see all the length changes. B12 is a few inches shorter that the B210 (longer sideplates)which is shorter than the 3400 & 7000 series RBT's which are few inches shorter than the 7100 series (due to inner muffler pipe)
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Biggest deck that will fit under any of the early, short wheelbase tractors is 42" Thats early B10 Big Ten B10 B12 early landlord, landlord 101 as well as B1 700 and 725. Not sure but I THINK the B110 was also a short wheelbase. 200 series and simplicity models are longer by 4" gained with 4" longer bgb side plates. On the bright side, you don't need any numbers to be sure. Any 42" deck will fit if its from a large frame foot dragger. Some, if not all of the RBT decks will also fit, but deck pulley sizes are different so the blade speed will be different

GLPointon
Now I'm confused AGAIN...I just went to "Simpletractors" and it shows a 48" deck available for the B12 only. (42" for B10) So I still dont know if its shorter "hitch-to-rollers"...I guess it has to be because the B200 48" deck wont even fit under the B12. Does anyone know this dimension "hitch-to-rollers" or similar??

rokon2813
I just checked my belt and blade reference manual 2008, and it does not show a 48" deck as an option for the B12 or the B110 The only reference I could find on simpletractors says ; 42" Mower for all, and 48" Mower for 12-HP only. I didn't see where it actually said B12 so I am assuming they are referring to the 212. And by the way, a 48" will fit under a 210, they just don't recommend a 10hp turning a 48" ;) I don't know of anyone who has ever gotten a 48" under a short wheel base tractor. With the design of these decks, I don't think they could shorten the front to rear length of the 48" deck, without the center blade being back far enough to hit the outside blades. If you ever find what you want, I'd be glad to hear about it. I mow about an acre and a half, with all 42" decks because I have all short wheel base tractors, I'd love to use a bigger deck 8D8D

PhanDad
Greg, I'm with Dan - only 42" decks on B10, B12, and B110 tractors. I'm not sure where you got the info on Simpletractors that shows a 48" deck available for the B12. This page: http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/1966_cat/mowing.htm from the B10/B12 catalog only shows 32" and 42" mowers. The B-110/B-112 catalog shows 42" and 48" decks with a note that the 48" deck is for the B-112 only: http://www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/1968_cat/all_seasons.htm The B-10, B-12, B-110 and the Simplicity counterparts all have 44" wheel bases. Most other large frame "Sovereign" type tractors have "nominal" 48" wheel bases, including the HB-112 through the Simplicity 7000 series (the A/C 300, 400 series and the Simplicity 7000 series have 48.1" wheelbase). The Simplicity 7100 series wheel base is longer at 50.7".

GLPointon
Dan you were correct from the start. A B10 or B12 can't use a 48" deck (that sucks!) Sorry for that mix-up but I was given "bad or incomplete" info by Simpletractors. Under thr tab "B series attachments" then under "Rotary Mowers" it says 42" decks for all... and 48" decks for 12HP models...not 112 or 212 it just said 12hp models. THAT is what messed me up. Bill, You asked...this is where I found it as mentioned above.... http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/rotary_mowers.htm And I know a B210 can drive a 48" deck because I have one & on my 7010 too. they cut fine, plenty of power. Anyway thanks guys for the clarification, eventhough its NOT what I wanted to hear. I really wanted to mow with the B12 & 48" deck :(
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
I just checked my belt and blade reference manual 2008, and it does not show a 48" deck as an option for the B12 or the B110 The only reference I could find on simpletractors says ; 42" Mower for all, and 48" Mower for 12-HP only. I didn't see where it actually said B12 so I am assuming they are referring to the 212. And by the way, a 48" will fit under a 210, they just don't recommend a 10hp turning a 48" ;) I don't know of anyone who has ever gotten a 48" under a short wheel base tractor. With the design of these decks, I don't think they could shorten the front to rear length of the 48" deck, without the center blade being back far enough to hit the outside blades. If you ever find what you want, I'd be glad to hear about it. I mow about an acre and a half, with all 42" decks because I have all short wheel base tractors, I'd love to use a bigger deck 8D8D