Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yellow Poetry In Motion

bowhunt4life

Had an opportunity to get some manure spread today. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/55chevy/B10LoaderBigTenSpreader2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/55chevy/B10LoaderBigTenSpreader.jpg[/IMG] Worked like a champ! Still had to shovel some but nowhere near what I had to shovel before. I just love the loader.

Atta boy! That FEL beats the [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored.gif[/img] out of that kinda work, I'll bet! ;)

Wow. That's a lot of poop. Did you have any problems lifting the poop with only the stinger weight on back? How stable is it lifting a full bucket with the narrow front tires?

Thanks for sharing the pics! I really like the second pic, it looks like a mini farming operation and those tractors are earning there keep! I am also wondering if you had problems with rear ballast? Dan

The manure is horse manure from my wife's two hay burners. The manure has been very dry due to the drought. I did not seem to have any issues with tires or rear ballast. I would like to pick up another donut and have a set of rear wheel weights. Overall it worked great. The only issue I had was me pushing to hard on the plywood and cracking it.

You'll get the hang of it after a couple hours. Looking good I'm really happy you were able to make the sub- frame work for you, even happier that they are no longer gathering dust in my garage! That' s a nifty little spreader too. If I didn't know better it almost looks like a full size operation shrunk down to 1/4 scale!:D

Okay guys. The proper nomenclature (with the exception of the almost new looking spreader) for what Chris has here is the "Highly sophisticated, fully automated antique horse crap hauling operation."sm00:D

Awsome...I like seeing the FEL used as a worksaver not just a showpeice. very nice set of tractors there dOd

I'm jealous too. I wish I had a constant supply of free fertilizer like that. Though, I guess it wouldn't do me much good with the draught we've been having. I'm also, of course, envious of the fact that Chris got his loader after I got mine but already has his up and operating while mine's still laying in pieces in my garage. Oh well.

Don't forget, Huffy...that free fertilizer started at the other end of the processing unit as $4 or $5 a bale hay and some $6-7 corn/oat or grain mix. Wife has 5 or 6 around here now. Does training, lessons, and has started a couple of girls Bible study clubs around them. Supports my antique tractor hobby. I spread poo with my 35 WC and 51 WD. Did plow the arena this spring with the B110 B110guy

My loader is a worker and not a show piece which made it quite a bit faster process to get it up and running.

quote:
Originally posted by bowhunt4life
My loader is a worker and not a show piece which made it quite a bit faster process to get it up and running.
Mine'll never see a show. It was just in really, really rough shape when I found it and needed some "help" to be structurally sound and not continue to rust away.

That's right I forgot about how rough yours was and had your loader confused with another loader. I was extremely lucky to find my loader in such good shape and have some help from club members. Took just over two weeks to get it operational and less than $300.

You hit the jackpot on that one. I sure wish I could have found a loader in that good of shape for that price. I got mine for next to nothing (so far as loaders go), but am having to put a lot of work into it. The original cross member was bent, and someone had done a hack job of welding angle onto it to try and strengthen it. I had to remove that and put in a new cross member. There were also several spots where the bucket had rusted through. I had to cut all that out and replace it, which wasn't easy. And, there was severe pitting on the lift arm cylinder rods. I'm having new rods made, and new o-rings and seals put in. I hope to get them back this week, but the return date keeps getting pushed back because the seals/wipers had to be ordered. Luckily I was able to do all the structural repairs myself, and got a friend to cut me a deal to redo the cylinders. In all, I'll only have a few hundred bucks into it. But, all that sweat equity hasn't been fun in this heat. Working on these tractors is fun for a while, but man does it start to wear on you. I'm still kind of intrigued about how you've got yours set up with the narrow front tires and using just the stinger weight. Do you have any guess as to what a bucket full of manure weighs? I put some wide front tires on mine, thinking I'd need them for stability. But, if narrows are stable enough I might swap back because the narrows are better for steering. And, though mine came with the weight box, I'd rather not use it if I don't need it because it lengthens the tractor and I'm sure, knowing me, I'll back into something with it eventually. I'm thinking of trying just wheel weights, loaded tires, and maybe a suitcase weight or two on the back.

Chris, unless your like me with a continually expanding waistline, you will find that without a weightbox using the loader will be rough on both you and the tractor unless you plan on never lifting anything heavy which then negates the reason behind owning said loader. I have 300lbs in the box + me for a total on 500+ lbs and I like the way it feels (just a bit bouncy on the 31-10.50's @ 15-20lbs air pressure),these are mounted on the stock 10" wide flat center rims. In winter I add as many wheel weights as I can round up for more traction on the snow and ice!:D

Mine will be used exclusively for loading the manure. It really didn't bounce at all. The manure was dry so that helped and the bucket didn't get stuffed. I'm 230lbs plus the stinger an donut. I am looking for another donut and really think it will work just fine. I won't be lifting dirt, rocks or real heavy loads. If I do have to add weight I will most likey fabricate some angle iron so I can use suitcase weights. -Chris

Chris my post was aimed more at the other Chris! LOL I'm only speaking from my experience with my tractor (long wheelbase). As long as your doing light duty you should be ok but I like knowing that the back of the tractor won't lift off the ground easily especially if have to dismount the tractor with a load in the bucket.:D:D