Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Side Road Find!

simple-kid

Well me and my dad were trying to turn around to go back the other way on the road, When I spotted this. I went and nocked on the door and the 85 year old said he may sell it, He said he wants 400 for the tractor w/hydro lift, Rear tiller (Rough) and a very nice sickle bar. I looked at the serial tag and it's a 3112H. I'm not sure the value on it but the hydro lift stays in Hold potion and it turns over good and he said it does run but there was water in the gas. I need to stop finding all these tractors, When I see them, I almost always buy them. LOL

for 400 you would be buying a cheap hydro lift, and a very cheap sickle bar, the rest is free :D

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
for 400 you would be buying a cheap hydro lift, and a very cheap sickle bar, the rest is free :D
Also worth mentioning is the headlights and vickers hydro!:D8D Dan

Yah I got him down from 500 to 400. But I wanted to pay 350 and he wouldn't take it.:(!:(!:(!

if i found that around here i'd buy it up! give it another year and go back. nice find though.

quote:
Originally posted by simple-kid
Yah I got him down from 500 to 400. But I wanted to pay 350 and he wouldn't take it.:(!:(!:(!
If I were you I would pay the Gentleman the $400 and be very happy that you got such a great deal.....
Headlights
$100
Hydaulic lift
$250
Sickle bar
$200
Tiller
$75
3112H
$250

Total
$875.00
JMHO....

quote:
Ok , The tractor is just really rough, and didn't know if it was worth it.
Nick, I will agree with you on the point that the tractor is in rough condition. Does it run and if so how good does it run? How much will yo have in it to get in good condition or is it worth more to part it out..... Add up what all come with it and decide for your self if the asking price is worth it to you. BTW I just noticed that the tractor has a Nelson Can on it....those are NLA and bringing big $$.......

Well it doesn't run at the moment and I would probably have 50-100 to get it running. I think it will be worth it, I think Ill pick it up in a few weeks and add it to my collection. I really want a hydro!!!^^

The owner may not have another year in him :O If you want it I'd go soon :D
quote:
Originally posted by Hydro-Manic
if i found that around here i'd buy it up! give it another year and go back. nice find though.

Actually he thinks he's going to live for another 50 years!! We both laughed at that. LOL

quote:
Well it doesn't run at the moment and I would probably have 50-100 to get it running. I think it will be worth it, I think Ill pick it up in a few weeks and add it to my collection. I really want a hydro!!!^^
If you'd be buying it to flip or part out for a profit, I could see that. But if you'd be buying it to try to fix it up and keep it, I'd pass on that one. It looks kinda crusty, and I think you'd be better off waiting for one that's in a bit better shape to come along. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with huffy. Its not pretty. There are times I wish I hadn't bought so many abused tractors and held out for two or three nice ones instead.

Yah I think ILL just hold off on it. I just really want a hydro.^^ THanks for the replies.

Personally, I would buy that one, and then find a better one appearance wise, to make 1 out of 2. Or part that one, and make a bit o' profit.

A lot depends on the hydro condition, if they leak it ain't cheap to repair properly! I would have scooped that up though at that price could easily sell off the implements and part out the tractor and certainly come out a couple of dollars ahead but that's just me!:D

Yah It's not going anywhere but I think Ill just pick it up, In a few weeks I think.:p:D:D