Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Hauler

GregB

Here is my "new to Me" hauler.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/2500HD truck.jpg[/img]
2002 Chevy 2500HD 4x4. 8.1L, Allison auto trans, factory tow package, about every option that was available, leather seats, weathertech mats. Straight no rust body, almost no scratches. New bed cover, with liner also. Only 78,000 miles :D Need to get step bars so the wife can get into it easier. She's actually the reason we got it :O. Wanted to be able to tow a horse trailer, to move her and her riding buddy's horses to trail ride. But I got to pick the truck :D

Good luck wih the newbie Greg, That'll save wear and tear on the Jeep and the Outback. Wayne

That's a good strong 70K-NEW-!!! rig there Greg. Nicely broken in. I would be tempted to change all fluids front to back; just to make it all new again; but it's hardly urgent. Just a thought. Mine's a 1/2 ton. I would prefer a 3/4 ton both for towing and for moving heavier loads like soil or gravel. Or tractors. Or horses. sm03

Awsome truck Greg...and that Allison trans is bullet-proof, tough as they come. Would be a great tow vehicle sm01

As far as what it will pull, the book says 1000lbs tongue weight, 7500 GVW trailer. If I get the equalizing hitch set right, 12,000 GVW :O Probably never pull something that big, but I would rather have to much truck, than just not enough. As far as the 94 Jeep Cherokee, as soon as I pull one more log from the woods, The sale sign goes on it :D I hate to sell it because it has its good points, but extra vehicles are harder to hide than extra tractors sm03

• 2 months later...
quote:
sweet ride you won't like the fuel milage though
Ya just gotta wheel a better deal on the load of "stuff" you are picking up. 8D

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
Here is my "new to Me" hauler.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/2500HD truck.jpg[/img]
2002 Chevy 2500HD 4x4. 8.1L, Allison auto trans, factory tow package, about every option that was available, leather seats, weathertech mats. Straight no rust body, almost no scratches. New bed cover, with liner also. Only 78,000 miles :D Need to get step bars so the wife can get into it easier. She's actually the reason we got it :O. Wanted to be able to tow a horse trailer, to move her and her riding buddy's horses to trail ride. But I got to pick the truck :D There goes your one concession for 2012! :D:D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • gwiseman
    • Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts